#10

Benny

My mind was going crazy, who was she going on a date with? Where is it? Is she actually gonna wear a dress?
I need to find out, so I called kali.

"What do you want dickhead?" She answered the phone, "good afternoon too." I laughed at myself.

"Get to the point Rodriguez." Kali spat, "chill you know anything about lane's date tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yep I know all about it. And you won't get a word of it from me so goodbye." She hung up, ok who else would know. Caleb? I don't wanna talk to him, he's on Phillips team.

I decided to find Caleb and see if he knows anything so I looked at the ice cream parlor, vincent's, and many other places- no luck. maybe the skatepark?

I walked to the skatepark and there he was, but Lainey was with him too. What if she going- Nah she wouldn't go with Phillips team, would she stoop the low?

Lainey

I was at the skatepark talking to caleb and we were having a good time I would say, but yet he still is from Phillips's team so it kinda felt weird. We were both laughing at me trying to learn a new skateboard trick, when we saw someone walk towards us. Sorta tall figure with a baseball hat on. when he got closer, I recognized that face- Benny the fucking psycho Rodriguez.

"Lainey what are you doing here with him?" Benny said in a weird tone, but honestly it sounded a little jealous or like betrayed. I feel bad but again, Benny told me to leave. He didn't want me.

"Hanging out with Caleb, why are you bothering me? You said you didn't wanna see me so just leave me alone." I spat, walking to a different spot in the park with Caleb. But Benny followed, damn this dude must really need something.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Maddie right now, or your team?" I questioned, "I heard you were going on a date tomorrow." "And? That's none of your business, can't you just leave me alone for awhile?" I said, I have to admit, it did kinda feel weird saying that to Benny- my old crush.

"Can I talk to you, alone?" Benny asked me, I looked at Caleb and he nodded. Benny and I walked to a bench and sat down, "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for kicking you off the team, Maddie made me. She thought that you and I would get in-between my relationship with her." He said, ouch that hurt. So this bitch Maddie told Benny, my best friend/crush that I was the problem?

"Oh so are you and Maddie a thing?" I asked slightly scared for his response, "yep as of yesterday." He said with a smile, my heart broke. Yes Wendy was right, I did like him.
I put on a fake smile, "oh have fun with her I guess. I have to go now, dads strict rules." "Yeah I have to go see Maddie." Benny said, I just kinda laughed it off. "See ya I guess." I said, "bye lane." And he left me.

I walked back to Caleb, yes he waited for me. "Ok I have to go home now, strict curfew." I said and he nodded.
"So I'll pick ya up tomorrow around 10?" He said walking me to my driveway, "sounds good. Bye Caleb." "Bye lane." He said as I walked inside the house, whew.

"Wendy?" My dad said, "nope Lainey."
"Oh didn't realize you went out?" He said giving me a hug, "I went to the skatepark with a friend." I said.
"Ok well I'm going to bed, it's late." "Love you dad." I walked up to my room and laid on my bed.

Why is everything so confusing? So Benny and Maddie are together, I guess be happy that Benny's happy?
And then there's me, I guess I could like Caleb? I mean he's not too bad- and his eyes are the prettiest shade of green/hazel.

"Hey lane you ok?" Wendy said walking into my room, "just perfect." I said in a fake tone.

"What happened." She asked me, why is she being so nice?

"Well I went to the skatepark with Caleb tonight and Benny showed up, apparently him and Maddie are dating."

"Oh. Well that sucks but at least you're going on a date tomorrow?" Wendy said trying to cheer me up,

"yeah. A date with a guy I don't even like." I grumbled, "don't say that." "Your annoying." I threw a pillow at her.

"You love me" she said flipping her hair, "Whatever. Night Wendy." I said kicking her out, "night lane."

And I fell asleep thinking about tomorrow's date.