#30

lainey
i decided to walk around town for a little while after dinner since i wasn't tired yet and i basically had no friends. plus audrey was busy with her family tonight. i got myself a root beer and some cigarettes but i probably wasn't even going to use them.

i walked to the sandlot because it's still a comforting place to me and i really miss it here, because i can't even play baseball with any team right now. i lighted the cigarette and someone came onto the field with a bat. "hey who are you?" he asked, yes none other than benny rodriguez.

"go away i need one night without anyone please." i said and benny just walked closer to me.

"what the hell is this?" he asked grabbing my cigarettes, "nothing. give it back." i said and he threw it at the ground and crushed it, "what were you doing with that lung killer in your hand?" he said.

"i don't know. and why do you care?" i said and he just pushed me out of the way to stand on home plate. "pitch to me?" he asked and i rolled my eyes before walking to the mound and picking up the baseball he dropped for me. i had to do some warmup throws and i was honestly terrible.

"you call that pitching?" he asked when i pitched the most obvious ball, it was super high also.

"yeah i haven't play since summer." i said and he just waited for me to pitch the ball. we played for about 30 more minutes then we walked home, "so what exactly happened between you and caleb?"

"uh why do you care?" i said and he walked up to the pitchers mound where i was standing.

"because i miss hanging out with you lainey. i miss old times." benny said brushing his hand against mine, god this man is doing it again. he knows how to make me forget things from the past and act like nothing.

i smile and he leaned in, i looked at him and he kept leaning forwards until he was like an inch away from my lips. "benny." i shouted and he jumped away a bit. "uh you ok?" he asked.

"benny i slept with caleb." i blurted out. "so the rumors were true. you did sleep with him." benny said and i slowly nodded. "you know my bad for thinking you changed, you will go back to him every time." he told me and i stood there as he walked away from me.

i thought about benny's words and i did realize i missed caleb. so i went to the turners house but for logan because i needed help and i didn't want to tell wendy yet.
"oh hey is your sister here?" i said when caleb answered the door, he let me in and said upstairs.

"yeah?" logan asked when she saw me. "logan there's this guy i like, maybe love but i'm not sure. i didn't want to tell wendy yet cause she would make a big deal but how do i know if he feels the same way?" i asked and logan's face lit up.

"was he important enough to you that you slept with him?" she said and i turned bright red and paused. then i slowly nodded and she squealed, "my brother right?" logan whispered. "yeah. i think." i said.

"he won't shut up about you. i only hear him at night when he whispers to himself, it's you im pretty sure he's talking about. he doesn't say anything to drew or the rest of his teammates." she told me and i smiled.

i walked out of her room to see caleb's bedroom door open and the light was on, i walked by and caleb was sitting in his desk chair playing with a pencil but no paper in front of him. i knew he was probably trying to hear our conversation since the wall he was sitting by connected both rooms.

"hey stalker." caleb said looking at me and i just rolled my eyes, "evesdropper." i said right back at him.
he stared at me for a few moments and asked a question. "not my fault walls are thin."
"you were making sure to sit right there to listen. i know you." i said and he nodded.

caleb stood up and he was only in his boxers with his brunette hair all wet, he walked towards his doorway where i was standing. "so you missed me?" he whispered and i froze. "no" i replied and he went to give me a hug but picked me up and threw me into his bed and started to tickle me.

"fine, i missed you a little bit." i said and he stopped tickling me, "a little?" he asked and i nodded before he continued to tickle me. "ok ok stop." i yelled and he stopped when there was a knock on the door.

"yeah?" "just making sure everything's pg in here." logan came in and then quickly walked out when she realized he was in his boxers, "gross!" she yelled and i laughed.

caleb put on some pj pants and walked me home, we were in my driveway. "what are we?" i asked him and he stood there then gave me a kiss on the lips. "think about that." he told me and i smiled and told him goodnight.