1 [4] - Lucifer's Puppet - [4]

I slowly regain consciousness and start to cough a lot as if I swallowed a rock. My throat was sore, it hurt a bit but I barely paid any attention to it. Ezra hears me coughing and immediately runs into the room. "Oh, my demon- you're awake!" He yells in excitement.

"How long was I out..?" I quietly ask.

"That's the least of our worries, how are you
feeling?" He sits on the bed next to me.

"Like someone knocked me unconscious"

"Yeah... that's my fault"

"Unbelievable" I shake my head.

"In my defense, it was the only way to close all those portals that you spawned"

"WHAT?!"

"Look at yourself kid" The man hands me a small mirror. I look at myself and my eyes widen. Ah, shit... "Do you know what made your skin become like that?" I slowly put the mirror down taking a deep breath. It's not the first time this has happened but it has been a very long while. I was afraid of this happening again. I could've hurt someone at the party.

"It's a virus" I finally answer his question.

"A virus?"

I heavily sigh. "I had created a virus 2 years ago when I found out that I was the last of my kind. As you know, have full access to the forbidden realms and more. I was a walking bomb" I begin to explain later adding, "When I first found out, I panicked going into shock causing the portals to open. I killed everyone within a 6 feet radius. I was chained against my will. I didn't know how to control it so whenever I was too sad or too mad, the portals would open. After that day, I didn't open the portals again so they gave me a chance and they let me go. The next time I opened the portals.. the virus would activate giving me an immediate death sentence"

"Are you- what?! You can't die!" He exclaims loudly moving away from the bed.

"There's no cure so in five hours I'll be dead, it was nice knowing you!"

"You really don't care, do you?"

"Not really no but for what it's worth, I'm glad I met
you- you're not so bad" I faintly smile looking down at my hands that lay on my lap.

"No"

"No what?"

"You're not going to die"

"You can't do anything about it, Ezra"

"Watch me" and with that, he exits my room.

If only I told you the origin of the virus- you'd rip apart earth to find me the antidote. As much as it hurts, I can't tell you that your father did this to me.

I hesitantly stand up from the bed moving towards the door. I walk to the kitchen, stumbling side to side. I barely managed to keep my balance. I was in so much pain. Before I knew it, a stranger had appeared behind me. They covered my mouth and use their other hand to hold mine together so I wasn't able to fight back. I also felt extremely weak. I froze not knowing what my next move would be or what the stranger was going to do. "I'm not here to whisper" A deep voice whispered to me. "I was sent by my father with the cure to your virus, as soon as you activated the portals- he was notified" The man explains. He lets go of me as I turn around to face the stranger.

"He should've left me to die," I say immediately recognizing the man in front of me.

"He cares about you"

"If he did, he wouldn't have left me like this" I backlash.

"Do you want the cure or not?"

"I knew he had another kid but I've never actually met you, what's your name?"