1 [1] - Prologue - [1]

oh god, oh god.. oh god-!
We're in danger. They're coming for us. They want us dead. Just keep running. Run, Run, Run, and do not look back. Everything will be over soon. We will be safe... but only one can hope.

Help me. Someone.. anyone-

In the name of the gods, I will be safe. They'll protect me. It's okay, I'm okay. I'm fine. Just keep your eyes open for a bit longer. You can't die now.

"Found you"

"NO, NO- PLEASE!"
-
I gasp loudly and sit up, adjusting to my surroundings as I clench the sheets tighter than I should. I come back to a realization. It was just a nightmare, a recurring nightmare. I've been having it for the past few weeks and it does not get better. "Are you okay?" A soft voice was heard from my side.

Oh. Fuck.

I immediately get out of bed and put on my familiar clothes while grabbing the keys off the counter.

"Wait- where are you going?!" The woman on the bed yelled with concern and disappointment laced behind her gentle words that soon became not-so-gentle.

"It's none of your business princess"

I lastly grab my jacket and walk out of the hotel room. I cannot believe I did that.. again. This whole thing is becoming quite a habit.

I enter the elevator and before I was able to press a button, I realize that they were all missing. The elevator lightly shakes before the door closes on its own.

"Sabotaging a hotel elevator? You really have nothing better to do, do you? Get a fucking life man" I complain throwing my arms across my chest.

A noise was heard from the speakers attached to a camera that was placed in the corner of the elevator. "I won't leave you alone till I get what you want, you know that"

"We both know that I can't do that, this whole planet would be crushed within seconds"

"Marcus, just give me the spell book"

"So you can summon satan? No fucking way!"

The elevator starts to move downwards. Soon the elevator stops and the doors open.

Two men were seen in front of me holding rifles. "Dude really? You sent henchmen? I'm the son of the prime wizard or did you forget?"

"Yes but the bullets inside those guns are enough to kill superman so I'm sure they can take care of you just fine"

"You are so full of yourself, William. I have somewhere to be and you're becoming a pest"

"You'll never get past them"

"Even if you came prepared, there's no way you'd take me alive- I'm not scared of death and I am definitely not scared of you"

Both of the armed men drop unconscious. About time he showed up to this shit show. I grin.

Madden Foxx, twenty- three, a guy who specializes in dark magic. He's bold, crazy, and good at what he does. This man is a menace and that is why he's my best friend.

I take a knife from one of my cargo's pockets and swing it back destroying the camera and speaker. "Took you long enough Mads"

He nervously rubs his neck looking anywhere but at me. "I was taking care of some business"

The nervous expression on his face was giving him away. He's good at magic, not lying.

As we both approach the hotel's exit, I ask, "And by business you mean that you were cursing bloodlines for me? Again?"