Losses

Cackling madly Soji shot forward, running across the bamboo with easy before leaping into the air as he unsheathed his blade before going for a downward slash. Verethragna seeing the attack coming calmly floated a few inches backwards to afford the slash before throwing a kick to the 1st division captain only for Soji to drop between the bamboo.

once he had successfully avoided the attack Soji launched himself upwards and unleashed a a series of slashes towards the god of victory who was forced to jump back, however Soji wasn't a master of the sword for nothing and was able to land a few small cuts on the god's face. Smirking as he wiped the blood from his face before darting forward and throwing an barrage of punches that forced Soji on the defense as he deflected the best he could with his sword, made more difficult as he had to keep his balance on the bamboo as he slowly was forced back.

Before long Soji was nearing the wall and knew from the look on Verethragna's face that the god wasn't going to let him just reposition himself away. It was when he felt his fair press against the the wall and Verethragna prepare his next punch did Soji act. Leaping high into the air Verethragna was unable to stop his attack in the split second it took him to turn around allowing Soji to land 3 deep cuts on the back of the god of victory.

They might as well have been paper cuts however as Verethragna turned on a dime to face the 1st division captain, materializing a golden curved great sword and clashed with Soji.

"And it's already shaping up to be a fantastic match folks with Soji Okita having the slight advantage!" Heimdall announced as he watched the two fighting prodigies clash. "Well it seems Okita doing well so far." Kojiro muttered as he scratched his chin. "Don't believe for an instant Soji Okita has gained an advantage. Neither has even begun to fight." Thor warned the old swordsman as she entered the fighter's booth.

"Well look who it is, finally done pouting are you?" Loki asked with a giggle as she watched the thunderer come in, the scowl on the red head's face not fazing her in the slightest. Ignoring this Thor approached the edge. "So what are Soji Okita's chances? Verethragna's arsenal is large and varied." Thor asked Brunhilde who nodded. " I am well aware of what Verethragna is capable of, however I know Soji Okita has the skills and arsenal to match him." The 1st Valkyrie told the norse goddess who hummed as she looked back to the stadium.

CLANG

CLANG

CLANG

The sounds of metal clashing rang through the stadium one after anther without end as the two swordsmen continued their fight. Verethragna was using his larger blade to his advantage and kept the human's strikes limited. T'sking Soki once more jumped back to get some space beer taking a deep breathe. "Thunder Breathing, First Form: Thunderclap and Flash." Soki muttered releasing his breathe as lightening danced on it before vanishing in a flash.

Verethranga grunted as he felt something slam into his blade before looking over his shoulder to see Soji standing there with a satisfied look on his face. Curious he looked towards his own blade, his eyes widened as he saw that his blade was badly cracked and chipped. However before he could move Soji once more used his Thunder Breathing and appeared right behind the god whose blade had shattered.

With a cackle Soji spun and unleashed his next attack. "Thunder Breathing, Second form: Rice Spirit." Soji laughed unleashing 5 arched slashes covered in lightening to the god's torso causing blood to burst out. Soji wasn't done however as Verethragna toppled back slightly and Soji used this as his chance to grab the god by the leg and pull him down to the bamboo shots before stomping hard on his chest forcing the god to be impaled on the plant.

Verethranga coughed up blood as Soji held a blade to the god's throat. "Well it might have been short but it was fun, so why don't you just go ahead and give up?" Soji suggested with a smirk only to frown in confusion as Veretheragna gained a smirk of his own.