VI

• February •

"Hey, uhm.." I started the conversation shyly.

"Hm?" He asked, not taking a glance at me, he keeps typing on his phone that makes me invisible in front of him.

For the last few weeks he keeps treating me this way, he's always on his phone, smiling and chuckling for no reason. I have no reason to stay here in his house if he keeps treating me this way so I sighed as I got up from my seat.

"Here." I hand him the invitation for my birthday and this isn't just an ordinary birthday, it's my debut birthday party.

I'm turning 18 on  the14th of February and it's valentines. I'm really looking forward that he's gonna ask me to go out with him and it seems like he doesn't have any plan for us.

"Just put it there." He said without putting an eye on me he just keep on smiling and typing on his phone and it makes me irritated.

I just leave him there with his phone and walked out of their house, I just hope he reads the invitation and sees his name on it.

***

"Stay. Away. From. My. Girl." Zywon said furiously and with authority.

I was stunned as I stare at his back, I can feel my hands were shaking for no reason. This is the first time I see this way, he's acting jealous.

It's the 5th day of February and someone just hand me a pick of flower, it's just a little and cute admiration towards me, but Zywon takes it seriously. I looked down at the piece of rose lying down the floor and I felt a small guilt, I love roses and I don't wanna waste any.

I looked up and sees the boy just walked away down founded, I feel sorry for him.

"You shouldn't have do that." I said calmly.

He turns around and takes a deep breath, taking my hand gently. "I can't help it, I don't wanna see you with anyone else." He closes his eyes and rest his forehead against mine, gently caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"Why did you take the rose anyway?" His eyebrows slightly raises with curiosity.

"Because, I love roses." I slightly smile. "Especially red ones."

"You never told me that." his eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, I guess you don't know that much about me." I shrug and said playfully trying to lighten up the mood.

He just sighed and whisper underneath his breath. "I guess you're right."

***

"Who is she?" I asked with curiosity as I saw a retreating figure of a girl as I came. I don't know if it's just me but her silhouette were kinda familiar.

"Oh, nothing. She's just a friend." He smile at me sweetly but it's not working on me. I just crossed my arms and just stand in front of him.

He chuckled and pat the space next to him. "Come here and sit, don't be so cranky."

I take a deep breath as I do what he said, I sit down next to him and keeps a small distance. I crossed my arms and legs, gesturing that  I don't wanna talk to him.

He immediately noticed my gestures. "You're so cute when you are jealous." He softly chuckled. I just frown.

He chuckled again and take my hand, gently pulling me towards him. "Don't be jealous, she just asked for directions." He said caressing my hand with his thumb.

I raised an eyebrow. "Asked for directions?" I said with sarcasm. " Who would ask for directions with clinging on your arm and sits down beside you while holding your hand and runs away before I come towards you?!" I asked in a sarcastic manner, trying my best not to cry and hold back my emotions.

He pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around my waist, smiling. "I assure you, you're the only one I like." He said as he kiss my cheek.