The Best Medicine [ 🍋 ] (Female Reader)

Thanks to @ev3rytromb0ne for this request! I hope you enjoy it! If you'd like to request something, send me a DM on Wattpad or Discord!

--

You weren't sure what to make for dinner tonight, but you needed to come up with an idea quickly. Your husband, Harvey, would be arriving home from work soon and you tried to make a habit of having dinner ready, especially in the winter.

Since there was no gardening to be done, the animals had automatic feeders, and all necessary farm repairs were complete, you had most of the day to do whatever pleased you. Recently, you had taken up crocheting and tending to houseplants. This allowed you plenty of time to cook for your beloved spouse, repaying him since he did most of the cooking in the busy Fall farming season. 

However, you had procrastinated today and Harvey would arrive home any minute. In fact, it was already fifteen minutes past his normal return. You felt the worry start to creep in, but you reminded yourself that the ground was covered with ice and snow, so Harvey was probably just walking with caution. 

You decided to just make a soup with some leftover vegetables from the week, which took little effort on your part. You let the pot of ingredients boil while you allowed yourself to sit down on the couch with a good book and your cat, Pickles.

The door opened as you began to relax, and your husband walked in, looking quite different than normal. "Harvey?" You asked, slightly concerned. His peacoat was thoroughly dusted in snow and his eyes were wide, almost alarmed. "Are you alright?"

"Well, I'm afraid not." He dropped his briefcase and coat before rushing over to the couch and sitting next to you. "I'm afraid I slipped and fell on a patch of ice on my way home from work." 

"Oh, honey!" You exclaimed, sitting up straighter as your husband retold what had happened.

"I hit my head on the ice. I don't think I am concussed, but I'm afraid I have a hematoma. Could you check it out for me?"

"Of course! What do I do?" You looked up at your husband for instructions. "Also, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a concussion. You've said "I'm afraid" way more than a person should in thirty seconds." You joked.

Your husband chuckled as he stood up from the couch and kneeled down in front of you. "You make a fair point, dear. Now, if you could just reach around my head and feel for any major lumps." He took off his glasses and set them gently next to you. "I thought I felt one forming, but I'm not sure."

You leaned forward so Harvey's face was against you and started running your hands through his thick brown hair. Your fingers gently moved across his head, but you weren't able to find the lumps he had described. You scooted forward even farther in hopes of getting a better grip, but there still seemed to be nothing.

"Do you feel anything?" A very muffled voice asked from your chest. You sat up quickly and looked down at your husband, whose face held a goofy, almost intoxicated expression. 

"Oh, yoba! Harvey, was I suffocating you?" You asked, concerned that you might be causing even more damage. "Are you okay?"

"I'm more than okay..." Harvey grinned, slightly flustered. You instantly realized that it wasn't deprived of oxygen, he was deprived of you. "...But you should probably keep checking, just in case you missed...something..." He leaned his head forward again, ready to resume his place in between your breasts.

"Harveyyyyyy..." You shook your head, giggling at his attempt. "Did you really even hit your head?"

He sat back and gently rubbed the back of his head. "I did, but whatever you were doing seems to have made me feel completely better." The sheepish grin returned to his face as he slid his free hand up onto your thigh. "...If you want to keep doing it, I'm sure it would only make me feel completely better..."