He confesses his love - Zayn

Your P.O.V.

You had the best life and the best friend and the best boyfriend until he started beating you. At first, it wasn't hard to mask the small bruises that encased your arms. Having cold classrooms at your college meant a hoodie was almost necessary. When it was finally summer though, Zayn started taking notice of your lack of energy and smiles. One day he had had enough and confronted you about it.

"Y/N? You never want to go out anymore and you never smile. Is everything okay with you?" He asked quietly so your boyfriend wouldn't hear. The fearful look in your eyes was enough for Zayn to realize everything was not okay, but you nodded.

"I'm fine Zayn. Don't worry about me, it's nothing." Zayn was not convinced, but you gave him a weak smile and he relented.

"Hey babe, can you make me a turkey sandwich?" Your boyfriend called from the living room. You glanced down at you Skype call with Zayn and looked towards the living room.

"Sure. Just give me a couple of-"

"Now!" He yelled forcefully and you cringed.

"Sorry, Zayn. I have to go." You didn't wait for a reply before clicking the end button.

"Coming!" You kept your eyes at a downcast and prepared your boyfriend's sandwich. "Do you want chips?"

"If you can get them, then yes." Just like everything else in your relationship, your boyfriend made everything so much harder on you. As you scanned the kitchen, you noticed the chips. On the top shelf where you couldn't reach them.

"Can I get a chair to help me? You asked quietly and he scoffed.

"Do I have to do everything in this relationship?" He asked starting to get up, but you shook your head.

"No, don't worry about it. I'll find a way to get them," You assured him and he sat back down and huffed.

"Well hurry up, I haven't got all day!" You started thinking about ways to get up there when there was a knock at the door.

"Are you going to get that?" Your boyfriend asked and you scurried to the front door. You almost shut it when you opened the door. Zayn was standing there with flowers in his hand.

"Who is it Y/N?" Your boyfriend called, but you couldn't find your voice. "If I have to get up and see for myself, you're going to be in serious trouble." That made you come to your senses and you tried to tell Zayn to go away, but he wouldn't move.

"That's it!" You could hear your boyfriend getting up and you automatically flinched. You were in trouble.

"Who are you?" Your boyfriend asked standing in front of you, not out of protection, but out of possession.

"I'm Zayn. I'm friends with Y/N. These are for her," You could hear the crinkle of the flower wrapper as your boyfriend grabbed the flowers out of Zayn's grip. Your boyfriend turned around to yell at you, but Zayn tapped him on the shoulder.

"Yes?"

"One more thing. You're arrested for domestic abuse," Zayn said and your boyfriend's face turned red with anger.

"Oh? Who's going to arrest me? You? I didn't think so. Have a nice day," Your boyfriend slammed the door and turned around just in time to come face to face with two cops who had their guns trained on him.

"Let her go," one of them said and you hadn't realized your boyfriend had gripped your arm.

"Please do what they say," you pleaded, but your boyfriend glared at you and you looked down at the ground.

"Kid, let her go. There's no way you're getting out of this," the officer said again.

"Oh yeah? Watch me," your boyfriend threw you towards them and you fell to the ground. He opened the door and a shot rang out.

"No!" You shouted and watched as your boyfriend fell and started moaning about the wound.

Zayn was by your side in an instant. He held you close and started talking, but you weren't paying attention. to him. You were paying attention to your groaning boyfriend who was clutching his shoulder.

"Calm down kid. It's just a flesh wound. You won't die, I am not letting you off that easy," He said and motioned for the paramedics to get him to the hospital.

"Hey, Cousin. You want to get her away from here while we process the place?" The first officer said to Zayn and he nodded.

"Sure. I'll bring her down to the precinct for a statement and whatnot," Zayn said and you sniffled softly.

"Why?" You asked quietly. "Why did you do that?"

Zayn looked at you quizzically. "I thought it would have been obvious."

"I don't understand,"

"I'm in love with you Y/N," Zayn stated and you blushed.

"I don't think I know what love is," You said honestly and Zayn smiled softly at you.

"Don't worry. I can teach you,"