Mason & Katy: When You're Ready

His hands wrap around her, harboring her into his warmth and wrapping around her an air of safety she relishes.

"So...how'd it go?" he gently asks causing her to smile at his chest.

She pulls back, wanting to give him a poker face but failing miserably. Oh whom was she kidding? She's an open book and everyone who knows her can instantly read the expression written on her delicate features.

"I got it," she grins excitedly.

Mason instantly smiles back, "I knew it! Although...I never thought anyone would actually want to go back to high-school."

She shrugs at his teasing, knowing that he realizes her motivation behind it.

With a proud degree in Mathematics and Statistical Analysis, Katy decided rather than enter the cut-throat world of investment banking, she'd much rather teach. And after much debate, she'd gone for the position at the local high-school, realizing her talents would be much more useful there than lower grade education.

Mason of course had been Mason: Reluctant of her returning to the hormonal, ruthless world of teenage angst but nonetheless incredibly supportive.

He pulls back, giving her a gentle peck to the lips before opening the passenger door. It's one of the many things Katy hadn't expected him to keep doing-being a gentleman. He's always opening doors for her, pulling back her seat at restaurants, telling her every single day that he loves her; and Katy is blown away by it. All the small, little things she hadn't expected him to be carrying on doing after all this time-he does. She smiles at how much of a turn for the better her life has taken since meeting him.

"I think we should celebrate!" he announces glancing at her.

His deep blue eyes are filled with happiness for her.

"...Okay," shyly admits Katy, "what should we do?"

Mason's grin becomes wider as he replies, "well, I booked us some flights down to the coast and rented us a beach house. I thought we could spend a few days down there."

Katy's mouth falls open in shock. She'd been expecting him to suggest restaurant dinner or a trip to the circus or something...ordinary. Not a romantic getaway to the coast! She internally rolls her eyes. That is so like him, to go and do something so extravagantly romantic without talking to her first. Katy doesn't mind too much, since the surprise of it really does sweep her off her feet, but she worries for the day he'll do something stupid without consulting her first and it'll end up in a messy argument.

"Mason!-"

"I know! I know, I'm sorry. But...I couldn't resist. I'll just cancel it if you want," he apologizes cutting in.

Katy just shoots him a knowing look. As if she's going to refuse!

Katy smiles at her insanely beautiful boyfriend standing on the front porch of their temporary house. The small beach side bungalow is perfect for the short vacation and he...he looks like he belongs here. Although his hair is not blonde, everything else about Mason just has that stereotypical surfer boy look. Apart from when he's clad in his black clothing and boots. But his hair is the same long length, she's always known it to be-just brushing his shoulders-and he still wears his beaded necklaces, which she's grown surprisingly fond of. They'd just arrived last night and it must be the change of scenery because Mason certainly never wakes up earlier than her.