Chapter 1

The ravenette had to force himself to get out of bed that day. He stretched and groaned as his alarm clock went off, trying to ignore it as he closed his eyes again. It continued to beep loudly, to the point where he had eventually given in and slammed his fist against it just to make it shut up.

He had shattered it from doing so.

"Nnggghhhh...," He threw his head back and groaned, hitting his head against the wall a few good times before he made himself stop.

He dragged himself to the bathroom and brushed his teeth, rubbing his eyes and yawned. He brought out the same black eyeliner pen he has been using for the past few months, sliding it against his eyelids and applying black eyeshadow underneath his eyes. It distracted viewers from his eyebags, instead focusing on how dark his eyes truly looked.

It really didn't do much to help him out. But he was goth, and that's what he preferred to look like.

Raven had picked up a black lipstick from a local drugstore not too long ago. He bought it on impulse with the knowledge that he didn't have that high of an income. But he felt that he needed it, and if he could buy anything that would offer him at least a little bit of happiness, that is all that mattered to the boy. He was only 19 years old and had to provide for himself. He no longer was in school because he couldn't afford it. It was sad.

He had always wanted to go to college but he was extremely low on funds. He was in debt and only had a little over $10,000 from the job that he had been working for the past three months. That could be seen as a lot of money, but it really wasn't a lot with his smoking habits and everything else that he had to pay for. He was struggling bad, and life was stressful. But the goth tried to get by the best that he could. Even if it meant having to drag himself out of bed every single day.

He threw his work uniform on and walked out of the door, pulling his beanie over his head while his earring swayed with every step that he took.

And then it hit him.

Beside the boy came a speeding train, his cerulean eyes widening in shock. It caused his heart rate to spike up and he placed a hand on his chest, feeling every single throb pound against his chest.

It took him a moment to realize what he just saw ahead of him. He took in a slow breath before he checked his surroundings, an idea forming in his head.

He removed a cigarette from its box in his pocket along with a match, lighting it as he brought it up to his lips. After he had exhaled, he thought about what he just saw.

What the others saw was just a meaningless train, but that is not what he saw in that moment.

What he saw was something that ran away from the town he hated so effortlessly. How it sped past them and found its own path.

He watched as another train came by and went to a stop.

"...," Without words, Stan removed the apron from his body and ran forward, dropping his cigarette and searched for cash in his wallet. He approached the conductor, panting.

"How... Much...?" He questioned, feeling as if it were hard to catch his breath.

"$400, across the country," The conductor answered.

The goth wasted no time in giving 4 of his hundred dollar bills away. It was out of his price range but he couldn't care.

All he wanted to do was leave that awful life behind.