Prologue

My name is Park Jiyoo.

I'm seventeen years old and I live in Gumjeong District, Busan, South Korea. And I attend Busan Highschool of Arts, the school where my brothers used to study at before moving onto college.

And how I could forgot? I should mention that I have four very overprotective, overbearing and overwhelming brothers.

The eldest is Chanyeol, but we all call him Yeolie. He's thirty and has long since moved out with his fiance, Akira because she's expecting my first nephew or niece in the next few months, so he only comes around when there's a special occasions like my birthday.

He's the one who practically raises us along the brother following him. Our mom died after giving birth due to me being a miracle child at her supposed to be menopausal age, which led to my dad in a downward spiral of grief where it caused for him to drift away from any of us.

Especially from me. It seems like sometimes I can feel he's blaming me for his wife's death.

When Chanyeol becomes nineteen, our dad left us all to him and go off to somewhere else in the world, trying to forget we ever exist in his life.

All we had as a connection with him was sending us money whenever we asked for it if needed.

The next is Jimin. He's twenty five and lives in his own house thirty minutes down the road, so he's almost over for every day. He lives with two other guys named Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook where we thought he had something with one of them.

He's always the sweetest and the first to succumb to any of my whims. To the point of practically spoiling me to death.

Jongseong, or Jay as everyone calls him and Sunghoon are twenty. They're nonidentical twins or fraternal twins. They were born the same day but they weren't similar in the other facets of their lives.

One is introverted. One is extroverted. They were both funny though and can't live without one another.

And then there's me, the only girl in the family and pretty boring without them. But without them, I'll be nothing.

And something was about to change that soon.

I walk into my room and decided to get dress then before any of my brothers came barging. It's the first day for my new school where I surely do want to impress and not fell into any of their absurd rules over me for once.

Since it was warming down from the winter season, I choose a dark leather skirt with a black sweater tucked into it. I throw on a pair of sheer tights underneath and put on my black boots. As a second thought, I pulled half my hair up with a big black bow and check myself in the mirror.

I like it.

I throw my backpack over my shoulder and see the bathroom door is finally open, the one I shared with the twins as their bedroom is across from mine. I grin before locking the door behind and began putting on my very light make up. Any thicker and it wouldn't go ignored by the males in this house.

I walk out of the bathroom after and grab my bag before running down the stairs, then turn for the kitchen.

I sit down at the table where Sunghoon, Jay and Chanyeol are sitting for a breakfast. I grab a piece of toast from the middle of the table to see all their eyes were on me.

"Good morning", I murmur through a mouthful of toast.

The boys instead of staring at my growing smile were focus on what I wore and I swear you will think you'd insulted the very ancestors of theirs in their eyes.