Epilogue

A few months later, Jayne was on a chariot, racing around the track that the school had provided. She was in the lead, the school had no rules about not using any of her powers on the contest, so she was making full use of her control of the elements by using the wind to push her forwards and her opponents backwards, whilst creating a joint protective sphere out of all the elements. She only had one lap left to go and the cheers of the rest of her classmates were spurring her on. Not long to go now, 200 metres left, 100 metres left. She asked the wind to push her even faster now because there were no turns left to take. She must be going at a hundred or so kilometres per hour now and she breezed over the line as a loud roar of approval echoed throughout the sports field. She didn't even feel the slightest bit drained, even though she had used loads of power. Even though the power didn't get diminished, it sometimes (well it used to) made Jayne tired. She was really quite proud that she wasn't tired today because it was a no moon day so her Wolfblood powers weren't there. To be without your wolf was a hard thing. She still didn't have complete control over her wolf, when she got angry or upset, her eyes still glowed yellow and her veins started turning back, but she was making good progress. She had managed, eventually to convince her mother to let her visit her father, but only by showing her that she could easily protect herself from anyone who wished to do her harm. Of course, it had meant that she had had to reveal her secret, but it couldn't be helped. She had also finally managed to get her mum to tell her what her father had done that was so awful, and suffice to say, that was the main reason that she was going to go on this visit. She would be her mother's avenging angel, even though the more technical term was fae. But her school had been really helpful in getting her ready to punish her father, they really did know some good ways to inflict physical and mental pain. Her dad truly did deserve it. Once she had finished with him, she would be able to focus her mind more on her studies and her powers in a way that would benefit the entire world. She would be able to control some of the carbon dioxide levels in the air to help prevent global warming; she could create more trees so that more oxygen was created. She could do so many things, and she didn't need any recognition for it, just knowing that she was responsible was enough.
She was brought back from her thoughts when her boyfriend Chase came over and hugged her. Over the past few months they had gradually grown closer together until one day Chase had manned up and asked her out. At first it had just been the little things that enamoured her to him, but now, just his presence in the room was enough to make her instantly happy. Of course, he did have a few peccadillos, but didn't everyone?
Life had been hard for Jayne, but with the help of her friends, she had made her way through the pain, although she had a funny feeling that there would be more suffering yet to come. The great prophecy wasn't yet completed, and until it was, she would have to be constantly on her toes, looking out for any trouble. But for now at least, she was content.