One Day At A Time

Victoria shivered slightly, even though she had on a thick coat and had put a few warming charms on her before she left the manor that morning. She knew the shivering was from the black cloak-like figures floating on either side of the corridor she was in. She silently cursed whoever thought it was a good idea to use dementors for prison guards as she pulled her mental shields the highest they can go and clasped her hands together tightly in front of her to keep them from shaking. She slightly regretted giving them her wand when asked but knew she hadn't had a choice as it was the law. After she had dropped off the four boys at Longbottom Manor, where the twins had taken Neville by the arm and left the room with Percy and Henry, but not before they'd given her a goodbye hug each, she had made her way to Amelia's office. She'd then taken the floo to Azkaban Prison, where she was currently being led to the visitors' room. She was starting to regret offering to go visit her adopted brother.

The auror that was in charge of the prison opened the door for her and led her to a chair on one side of a large table, on the other side was another chair with hand and leg cuffs attached to it to limit the prisoners' movements and trap them in place. The guard bowed his head at her before leaving her in the room to wait for who she was visiting to be brought in.

She took a moment to collect her thoughts and take a deep breath to calm herself, before she heard footsteps heading her way. As soon as she'd looked towards the door, a shaggy haired man walked in with his head bowed, or was rather pushed in by the burly guard behind him.

"Hey! If I find out he's hurt in anyway, I'll make sure you regret it." She said in a quiet but commanding voice, threatening the guard silently, and he raised his brow questioningly but silently nodded his head in respect and agreement. Her voice was apparently all that Sirius needed to hear to raise his head quickly and stare at her, mouth gaping.

"Close your mouth Siri, you'll catch flies." She said to the man jokingly, and that seemed to snap him out of his shock long enough to do as she asked. He sat down, and was strapped to the chair before the guard left the room silently, allowing them to talk.

"How is this possible? Are you really Victoria?" Sirius asked quietly, voice cracking from disuse.

Victoria smiled sadly at her brother, finding it hard to believe that the handsome playboy who would flirt with anyone and was the biggest prankster at school could possibly be the same person that was sitting in front of her. The person in front of her had matted black hair with dirty black and white striped robes and eyes that were a dull grey instead of the bright grey -almost silver- eyes she was used to seeing, and a gaunt, unhealthily thin face. The sight the once lively and happy man had become was forcing her to hold back tears.

"In your sixth year, you called me on the mirror we charmed to act as a communication device the day after the Daytime full moon and asked me to come to Hogwarts; you were almost in hysterics. You said that something had happened and that the headmaster would call me as your guardian, since your father had given me the responsibility after my seventeenth birthday when I'd come of age. I came to Dumbledore's office and found out that you were being accused of baiting Severus into going to the Whomping Willow during the full moon the previous night and James had to save him. That day, you hadn't been feeling that well and had stayed in the dorm to try and recover to help James and Pettigrew with Remus at night. Pettigrew had used the opportunity to use Polyjuice Potion, went out as you and baited Severus into going to the Whomping Willow that night to see Remus transform during the full moon, which would have killed him. You took the blame even though it was a lie because you didn't want people to find out about Remus and that he could've killed a student if you hadn't warned James. The only people who knew about all of this were James, Severus, as I insisted on telling him, you and I." As soon as she was done telling him the story, he reached out for her and had tears streaming down his face.