Hermione

"Seeing as I might have to actually share a dorm with you, I want to make one thing clear. If you so much as look at me or my friends in a way I think you might threaten or hurt us, I will gladly ruin my academic and future career to get expelled because I will kill you myself. Don't you dare come near me if you value your life!" I am seething.

Malfoy had slowly walked backwards and now he was standing outside of the door. With one last glare at him, I slammed the door in his face.

I started pacing around the entire room as soon as the door clicked shut. "How could she appoint him as the Head Boy? What was she thinking? That foul boy, she should never have let him back in Hogwarts, let alone made him Head Boy!" I start yelling to nobody in particular. I paced around the room angrily.

A knock came from outside. I knew it wasn't Malfoy since he knew the password to the door. I stopped pacing and walked over to see who is here. I swing the door open to find Ginny not looking too pleased with me.

"What was that back there?!?" She practically yelled at me.

"I know right! Malfoy as Head Boy is the worst decision Professor McGonagall ever made! She's normally so sensible. Don't get me wrong normally I agree with her but this time she's gone completely mad! I mean he is a deatheater! How could she even let him back into Hogwarts, let alone Head Boy?!" I look over at Ginny and she has no clue what I'm talking about.

"Not that! Although we'll come back to that" She seemed surprised. "I meant at dinner? You have to eat and interact or Ron and Harry will get suspicious. I hate keeping this from them. I told you I would keep this secret but only if you are keeping yourself healthy. I get it that everything is hard for you but I hate keeping this from them."

"Ginny, you promised! Also they didn't even notice." I pleaded with her. Nobody noticed.

She sighed "I know, I know. I just worry about you. You are my best friend. Just please keep yourself healthy. Now, what do you mean Malfoy's Head Boy?"

I go into the whole story about how I found out Malfoy was Head Boy. I was raging all over again by the end of my so called story. Ginny was pretty upset also. I practically stomped into my room where my trunk is to grab the firewhiskey I had stashed away. I didn't even bother to grab a cup, I just drank from the bottle and stormed back to into the common area.

Ginny stayed for a little longer talking about this term and trying and failing to convince me to get help and get better. She finally left when she realized she wasn't getting anywhere with me. She frustrated me. She had been at Hogwarts last year and it was hard for her but not near as bad as it was for me. I understand she cares and is worried for me but this is something I have to work out myself. She doesn't quite understand how bad it is for me.

I let my mind wander for a while after Ginny left and got myself worked up again. I decided I'd better just go to bed. After I had finished the last of the firewhiskey in the bottle, I walked into my room slightly tipsy and finally took a good look at it. It is breathtaking. I tossed the empty bottle of firewhiskey back in my trunk as I looked around. The four poster bed sat across from the cherrywood wardrobe. My trunk sat at the foot of the bed. The gorgeous scarlet comforter barely brushed the floor. A golden lion was on the cover. The pale beige carpet was soft and plush under my feet and the walls were a deep red with some golden accents. On the far wall was the Gryffindor crest painted in gold. Letting myself take in the room eases my anger but I am still upset. I change into some soft pajamas and crawl into bed. I toss and turn hoping sleep finds me but it doesn't.

Around midnight, I hear someone come in the room. It must be Malfoy. Thankfully he doesn't make too much noise but just knowing that he is in the other room makes my blood boil. I laid there staring at the ceiling willing sleep to come find me. With my mind still slightly fuzzy, I consider going and yelling at him again. I stumble my way out of bed and walk to the door. As I opened the door, I heard another door to my right shut. I decide that I had yelled at him enough, and stumbled back into my room. I crawled back into bed, hoping the liquor would help me somewhat sleep tonight.

I shoot up from my bed, "NOOOOOOOOO!" My body is covered in sweat. My hair is sticking to my forehead and the back of my neck. My heart is racing and my breathing is shallow. I look over at the clock on my bedside table. 2:03 in the freaking morning. Not even two hours of sleep. Tomorrow or today, whatever, is going to be rough. I knew sleep wouldn't come again. I decided to get out of bed. I put on some leggings and a tshirt and threw my hair up in a ponytail. I knew I shouldn't be out of bed at this hour, but I need to work off this nightmare. I grabbed my shoes and padded to the from entrance to the dorm. I slipped on my shoes and tiptoe through the halls of Hogwarts until I'm ln the grounds just outside the school. I don't know what else to do so I just run. I run until I'm out of breath. I run until my lungs burn and my legs scream and my heart is pounding, and I continue running.

I'm not sure how long I was out running, but when I got back to the dorm I saw it was nearly 5 a.m. I decided it was time to get ready for class. I'm exhausted enough that maybe I could try to sleep, but since I'm avoiding nightmares as much as possible these days, I opt for a hot shower instead.

I walk to out of my bed room with a change of clothes and pad over to the bathroom. I place my clothes on the counter and turn the shower on. I let the hot water wash away the night, the sweat and the stress from yesterday, today will have enough stress as it is. I lose track of time standing under the hot water, letting my mind wander. Finally, I come out of it after hearing a knock on the door.

"Can you hurry up? Other people might like some hot water too you know!" Malfoy's voice broke the silence.

I huff but decide I've probably been in here long enough. My entire body is pruning from the water. I change into my school robes and attempt to tame my hair. I walk out of the bathroom and straight into someone's chest.

"What are you doing awake? I figured I would be able to leave without seeing you this early." My annoyance clearly coming through in my tone.

"I couldn't sleep." He's staring at me, curious about something.

"What?!" I start walking towards the door of my bedroom so I can grab my books.

"Granger, are you okay?"

That sentence stopped me dead in my tracks. I slowly turn around and just look at him. Why does he even pretend to care? He doesn't care, he is probably only asking so he can make fun of me later.

"I heard you scream this morning..." He looks at his feet.

Was he actually curious if I was okay? There is no way he actually cares.

"Why? So you can make fun of me in front of all you housemates?" I glared at him. I grabbed my books from my bed and started for the door.

"No. I just wanted to make sure you are okay. I'm not the same guy I was last year. I'm sorry for everything I did, honestly." I couldn't tell if he was lying but he must be. There is no way he's changed. He was always good at lying. He had to be, he's a deatheater.

I storm out of the dorm room without answering. This day is so strange and I haven't even had breakfast yet. Merlin help me!