54. first class

wrapping up this book tbh
i wish i'd never made charlotte pregnant it's boring as fuck now lmao
anywhore enjoy this last few chapters. i love you guys fr fr

"ok: this list is every brand of item that we use for gray, in case you end up running out of stuff. you should have enough diapers, formula, wipes, and shit for a month, but sometimes he poops excessively and sometimes a months supply turns into a weeks really quickly. ok, ok, ok. um, what else? this is happy rabbit. we use him when we're having a good time. his names banana. please read to him before bed. ugh, ok, this is sad frog. names fredrick. we like to hold him when we're throwing a fit. oh! also, he's just started slapping. like, punching, so, just be careful? his fists are strong for being a baby. and-"

"charlie?"

charlotte snapped out of her rambling trance, her anxious hands coming to rest at her sides. the diaper bag she'd been tearing things from fell onto it's side on the couch.

charlotte met matthew's eyes sheepishly. "sorry!"

matthew wrapped an arm around her shoulder, laughing with that infectious smile. "it's okay. you're just nervous. but please take a deep breath. it'll be ok. cece's more than capable of taking care of him. plus, my mom will be popping in- laura's gonna stop by. aisha, kirsten, sheila. fuck, i'll get aj and paget to come over, too. it'll be alright."

"i know! i know, i just-" charlotte pressed a cool hand to her sweaty forehead. "i'm just nervous. i know the pediatrician said it's ok and everything. but- ugh. i'm afraid he'll forget me. it's probably not even going to be fun because he's going to be here. and not with us. where he's supposed to be."

matthew pried her hand from her forehead, and the other one from her stomach, where she was cradling herself together. he looped her fingers through hers, bent slightly so he could look her directly in the eye.

"charlie-" he paused to ensure she was listening. when he knew she was, when he caught the focus in her eyes, he stated, "we're going to paris."

charlotte blushed deeply, a bubble of excitement leaping from her stomach, and through her throat, "oh, my god! we're going to EUROPE!"

she bounced on her feet, throwing her arms his shoulders. he cradled her against his chest, lifting her off her feet in a little spin. cece giggled from her spot on the couch, and the little baby boy in her arms cooed at his parents.

he babbled, drawing charlotte and matthew's attention away from each other and to him. charlotte stole him from one of his many aunts and bounced him against her hip. "okay, my little prince. mommy is going to miss you so much. but auntie c is going to take such good care of you. and you're going to get so many visits and lovin's. it's going to be the best week ever."

charlotte stuck her nose against grayson's head, inhaling the sweet scent of his skin. baby's always smelled like love.

matthew pulled them into his chest, plopping a kiss onto charlottes head, and then grayson's. grayson turned his head to his daddy, grinning down at him with glee.

he babbled in his direction, the words mommy and daddy so close to forming on his tongue. his little legs kicked against charlottes stomach, gleefully. matthew held them close to him for a little while longer, eyes closed, head propped up against charlottes.