45. baby bump

holy fuck y'all- since i stopped updating this book, i have entered a committed relationship, got a new job, and started medication that has really been helping. i'm finishing up my college semester and felt sentimental so here i am. i really want to finish this book because i love it. enjoy <3

charlottegregor that's a wrap on season 3! thank you thank you thank you to everybody for being so great these past two months

charlottegregor that's a wrap on season 3! thank you thank you thank you to everybody for being so great these past two months. special thanks to @brisbarbies and @giacorsecki who kept up with my changing shape, inability to wear certain shoes, and swollen face. thank you @cecetheballer @aishadee for being the best on screen/off screen best friends. @itssheilafoeyo for being my personal assistant, the best sister from another mister.@sarahwatson for directing this masterpiece of a season. and @gublergram for loving me and my fluctuating moods endlessly.

comments are turned off.

"oh, my goodness, sweet prune. are you just so excited? oh, look how sweet you are. yes, you are, my sweet boy."

prune's tail wagged his entire body side to side, his pink tongue stuck out the side of his mouth. charlotte dodged him like an obstacle as she walked into the house, roller suitcase scaring the animal away from her feet. prune let out a little bark at the noise from the wheels, but he got distracted by one of his toys he had left behind, hidden behind the front door.

charlotte laughed under her breath. she paused to kick off her sneakers, feet screaming at the sweet relief of fresh air. they'd been traveling home from canada all day and she needed to sit in a non-moving seat so badly. matthew was gathering the bags from the car, refusing the half-hearted offers charlotte gave when she woke up in the parked car.

in the continuation of stripping, she made a pile of her jackets and scarf on the nearest surface- which so happened to be a chair at her dining room table. she rubbed at her tired eyes, contacts ready to peel themselves off and crawl away, and sludged her way to the living room. tomorrow, she'd do a plant inspection, check to see which ones were harmed by the house sitter, which ones were somehow still blooming even tho their instructions were long.

right now, she would flop onto the couch, lazily layer a blanket atop her curled body, and shut her eyes. she listened to matthew's two trips inside and back out to the car for their things. he added to the pile in the dining room before joining charlotte on the couch. he tugged her lifeless body into his own, allowing prune to lay like a baby between them.

they settled into bed an hour later, after a quick snooze and a lazy shower that didn't get much cleaning done. in the morning, prune woke them up with a growling belly that emitted excited licks from
his mouth to charlotte's cheeks. she pushed him off of her, though he thought she was playing, and he went in for more. charlotte giggled a bit and woke matthew. he was delirious at first, unsure of what was happening, but a grin overtook his face when prune licked his brow.