29. miss evil laugh

guys i had a birthday cake for mgg 2day w my friends. go look on my tiktok (chelbtttttt) and insta (chelb.t) BUT DONT MENTION WATTPAD PEOPLE FROM SCHOOL FOLLOW ME

if u comment on my posts put a 🦕 so I know where ur from besties

also i would've uploaded more but i was hecking busy :)

Sheila stood outside of Charlotte's room, hand raised in a fist to knock upon the door. She stared as if the door would open on its own, so she wouldn't have to. Sheila took a deep breath, squeezed her eyes shut, and tapped her knuckles three times.

"Yeah?" Charlotte called from inside, voice muffled from the walls between them.

Sheila turned the doorknob and stuck her head inside the room. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

Charlotte was sitting on her bed, laptop open on a pillow in front of her crossed legs. Matthew was laying beside her, both dressed down in pajamas. Charlotte pushed her glasses up her nose, tilted her head at her cousin.

"Um," Sheila shifted from foot to foot, "I have a question."

Her voice was shaky, so Charlotte shut her laptop and moved it to the bedside table. She glanced at Matthew and stood up. "I'll give you a minute."

Sheila nodded shyly at him. "Thanks."

Charlotte pushed herself to the edge, dangling her sweatpants-clad legs off the bed. "Come, sit."

Sheila did so, fingers intertwined with one another. "Okay."

"Are you okay?" Charlotte turned her body towards the girl.

Sheila shrugged, "Eh."

Charlotte couldn't help but giggle, "Well, you gotta talk to me, Shay."

She laughed at herself and said, "I know. Just tryna figure out how to word it."

"Take your time," Charlotte pulled one of her hands into hers, patting the palmar side with her other.

"This past year, my senior year, I was in three plays," Sheila stated proudly.

Charlotte furrowed her brows, "Wait, really?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "they were my first plays, ever, because mom hadn't allowed me to be in any before now. She was afraid I'd wanna do what you and grandma did...be an actress and stuff."

Charlotte caught on to what she was saying, "Ah. I see. You got any DVDs of it?"

Sheila brandished the DVD she had shoved into her hoodie pocket. Charlotte laughed at the preparedness and plucked the device from her hands. She opened her laptop again and brought up the recording of Sheila's last play, Romeo and Juliet.

"No, way! I was Juliet in high school, too," she nudged Sheila with a bright grin. "Here, I'll time skip to my favorite scene."

Charlotte watched Sheila through the laptop as she acted out the death scene. Charlotte's face was blank at first, focused on the media before her. As the scene went out, her jaw jutted out, brows mended together.