Nightmare x Shy Reader x Dream

·°. ¡Our Soft Melody! .°·

You're reserved to everyone except the two guardians. The two love your voice and your songs. So much so they put aside their differences to convince you to sing them a lullaby.

<Your POV>

"I can't see why you two want me to sing you something. Y'know people record songs...right?" You stated softly. "Yeah...but I like your singing way more! It's so much better!" Dream begged next to you. You were currently trying to get out of singing a lullaby you wrote with Dream and Nighty. They found you singing at your private pond and they were now insisting to hear one of your songs. "I agree with Dream. Your voice is soothing." Nightmare complimented, making you flustered. "Wah-" "mhm!" Dream nodded. "Your songs are always so great! And your voice fits them perfectly!"

You blushed. "Ah-I....R-really?" You asked, almost at a whisper. Nightmare nodded with his brother. "Please? Just this one time, we swear we'll never ask again if you don't wanna!" Dream insisted. "I-I guess I can sing maybe one song..." You gave in. Dream celebrated ecstatically while Nightmare smiled brightly at you. They sat on both sides of you, while you leaned against the tree.

You took a deep breath and began.

The song was sweet and calming, but it also sounded quite sad. The lyrics were that of your own and they splashed together like weak waves on the beach shore. The notes were similar to a lullaby you had heard on the radio. You ended the melody with a calming verse.

"Sleep, sleep, and dream~"

When you finished you looked to your audience. Dream was giddy and tackling and smothering you in compliments. Nighty was more calm but he was agreeing with his sibling.

"You're really good at singing n/n!" Dream concluded his shower of compliments. "I think you should do something in the music industry. I can't think of anyone who'd turn your voice down." Nightmare added.

You covered your face, flustered. You weren't used to this many compliments. Dream gave you a side hug and Nightmare patted your head affectionately.

You were their soft melody and they would listen to you everyday.

(Shh. We don't talk about how short this one is....)