Cuphead x reader

·°. ¡Don't Cry! .°·

Cuphead finds you crying by yourself in the forest. Being the goodboy he is, he comforts you!

(Fluff/Angst)

<Your POV>

You were crying. Again...

It was all your fault. You were the one who made mama angry. You were crying softly, almost silently; something you learned over the years, living with your new family.

Your legs were cut by thorns, from running straight to your special tree in the nearby forest. No one knew where this place was. Except Cups. Cuphead knew where this place was. He'd caught you here a few days ago, luckily you fixed yourself before he found you in a vulnerable state. He seemed suspicious, but he didn't push his questions any further then "are you ok?"

You hugged your knees and sobbed into the fabric of your light red skirt/shorts. Only soft whimpers were heard as you slowly forgot your surroundings.

~~~~~

<Cuphead's POV>

Cuphead was messing around as usual. He was startling birds and bugs, getting rid of a current sugar rush he got from raiding the cookie jar. At age 13 you have a lot of life to live and Cups was living it!

That is until he heard someone sniffling. He turned the corner and looked out from a tree he was behind. It was non other then you! He waited for a moment, examining your state. Your legs were scraped from, presumably, some plants. You were huddled as small as you could get, crying into your skirt/shorts, sitting against a tree. "Y/n-?" he called your name. You flinched and just barely looked up from where you were, revealing the state you were in. You sighed and returned back to how you were, embarrassed.

Cuphead quickly ran over to you and sat down. He looked at your arms and noticed bruises. He was aware your family was stricter then most, but this made him concerned. You were a dear friend of his and Mugs and he couldn't handle the fact you weren't safe! "Y/n...would you tell me what happened?" He asked softly. Cup knew what happened; your mother. However, he wanted you to say it if you could. You shook your head, face still buried into your legs. "Hey, it's ok...!" He comforted you. "Wanna hang in my room for a bit? I have a candy stash from Halloween...?" Cup offered.

You sniffled and looked up. You wiped your tears away, not wanting yourself to look unappealing. You were an ugly crier. You sighed and opened your mouth to speak. "I don't wanna eat your candy Cups," you sighed. "Can we just stay here for a bit?" You whispered, voice breaking.

Cuphead nodded and wrapped an arm around you, giving you a side hug. He wasn't gonna let you handle this alone!

After a while you calmed down and told him your mother was angry with you, so you ran here. It wasn't the full story, but he was happy you told him part of it. You and him ended up talking about your favorite types of sweets and games to play with Mugs next time you'd visit them.

(Sorry if this story was a little off; I kind of rushed it, but I think it's ok!)