6: Mia

It had been several hours since Riley had left for the meeting, and I was beginning to grow restless watching the hoard of floral arrangements and decor arriving for my baby shower. I had never been to a baby shower, they were never a thing back home and in Red Dawn pregnancies were usually celebrated by gifting the couple supplies for the baby. However, Ellen had ensured to drive home the fact that this was no ordinary pregnancy. I was a half human, demi-goddess omega and the Luna to the Moon Creek pack and this was a rare opportunity to celebrate the new coming diversity within the lycan world. Despite her stating this every thirty minutes though, I knew she was just overjoyed at having grandchildren and wanted to celebrate.

Initially Ellen had tried to scoot me out of the house, but with much protesting on my part, I was allowed to remain in the house, however I was to stay comfortable and rest. I didn't mind that very much. If I stood for more than twenty minutes at a time my ankles and feet swelled up and I found it very uncomfortable to move around due to my ever growing belly.

I sighed as I checked the time, it was already eight in the evening and Riley wasn't home, I could only imagine what antics the boys had wrapped her up in back at Red Dawn - I just hoped she'd be home soon. Pulling a soft blanket over my legs, I settled into the warm couch in the living room and saw Heidi approach with a sympathetic smile. She sat next to me and crinkled her nose.

"These flowers are setting off my allergies, how many flowers does Ellen need anyway?"

I snorted. "Not a clue, I'm almost glad she didn't need my help I would be wayyy out of my depth".

We shared a laugh as we heard the commotion coming from the back yard. Ellen was definitely in boss mode. Heidi looked from my stomach to my face.

"So how far along are you now?" Her hand reached out and rubbed my covered belly.

"Just about 36 weeks, but since it's twins I could pop any day now".

Her eyes widened and she trembled with uncertainty and panic for a brief moment. I laugh and shook my head.

"Don't worry, as soon as these babies say they want out I will make sure I scream bloody murder to let everyone know".

My friend put a hand on her chest and sighed in relief. "You better girl".

Still feeling restless, I pushed the blanket off me as the noise gradually dissipated and Ellen paced into the room catching our attention. She looked bewildered, her sleeves were pushed up her arms and her hair had remnants of petals and glitter from the decor.

She looked between us. "Mia sweetie, where's Riley? She should have been home hours ago".

I shrugged. "I have a feeling the guys are holding her captive or something, I'll go up to the office and give Don a call".

Ellen flopped down on the sofa between Heidi and I, blowing her hair out of her face. I laughed, placing my blanket over her as I waddled to the stairs. Ellen placed her hand on Heidi's knee as I exited the room.

"Heidi hon, can you help me hang up some lights, I need your height".

I smiled and shook my head at Ellen's dedication as their voices grew quieter in the distance. I was already out of breath by the second step and rolled my eyes as I looked at my huge stomach blocking my view of my feet.

"You babies better come soon, mama is struggling right now".

With a little kick in response, I continued up the first flight of stairs, my knuckles white from my tight grip on the railing as I eventually reached the first floor.

Pushing the office door open, I allowed myself to fall down into the office chair behind the desk, pulling the phone towards me and dialing the familiar number to Don's office.