Report to Gordon

After lunch, which was rather boring, the half bloods were sent to their cabins to clean up. After we cleaned our cabin, Chiron told us we had 2 hours of free time before dinner.

Oh, this is brilliant! I thought. 2 hours of free time to do whatever I like! Perfect, since I needed to report to Gordon with details on the attack to Hades anyway, and this only made it easier! Almost too good to be true.... Well, cleaning time

I couldn't wait to go to Gordon, so I cleaned fast and efficiently. I made my bed, which was nothing special, really. just light blue bed sheets with a big pillow. I rather liked the pillow, actually. Nice and fluffy. Didn't expect it when I went to bed last night, considering it was just a camp. Anyway, after I made the bed I organized the bookshelf which we all shared, filled with books on mostly non fiction topics. Although, half of the shelves were crammed with architecture books, thanks to Annabeth. She might have loved architecture, but I certainly didn't. I tried reading through them, but they're so boring! God, how in the world did she like architecture? I literally fell asleep on the floor while attempting to make something out of the books. Well, enough of my blabber. As I was saying, I organized the book shelf, and then dusted off thw window sills. There wasn't much else to do, so I exited out of the cabin.

Skipping around feeling quite jolly, I took a stroll around the camp, since I had 2 hours to do whatever suited me. It would only take about an hour to report to Gordon, I calculated, so I figured, why not take a nice stroll to pass by the extra time? 

As I was walking, I came across a dead body.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH. MY. GOD. THERES A DEAD BODY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE COME HELP!!!!!!!!! oh my god oh my god oh my god"

I started hyperventilating. I get a bit queasy when it comes to blood and gore, for some reason, and it didn't particulary help in this case. The body had it's head ripped off, gushing out blood. 

This is just disgusting. What happened, though? Is it friend or foe? If it's a camper, should I even feel sympathy? I mean, after all, I'm only a spy, so I shouldn't feel bad for the person, right? God, all the drama. Eww..... a bug is walking on the eye........ oh wow that's just sick.

I heard a few campers run across the grass to me, looking horrified. 

"What happened? Do you know who it is?" They called to me.

"No, I have no clue! Maybe we should get Chiron... he might know what to do about this..... Should we get him?"

"Yes, definitely. I mean, the dude's head is off. Chiron really needs to know about this. Oh gross......."

I guess they noticed the bugs gathering around the dead body...

"Well, can you go get Chiron for me? I need to sit down and think." I asked

"Ok, we'll be right back."

As they left, I sat down on the soft but slightly blood stained grass. I needed to think about this. There was so much going on. I couldn't figure out my feelings for Percy, I still needed to go to Gordon and tell him the info, and now I had a dead, bloody body to deal with. It was too much for me to handle. It made me want to scream. As I cantemplated my sorry existance, I listened to the bird chirping. It was rather nice, actually. As I was listening to the birds, the two campers came back, along with Chiron.

"Oh dear, what's going on?" Chiron said

"We don't know.... all we know is that someone was fatally injured, and their head was cut off. It' s pretty bad, sir. Is there anything we can do?" the one camper said. I still didn't know his name.