IN HER EYES

Next morning when Emily woke up what she say made her spellbound.

"Uh! Excuse me Ms. Santra? Or is it Mrs. Santra", forget it Emily. 

Emily shook Santra to wake her up as she was sleeping beside Emily's bed her childhood picture wraped in her arms. 

"Mam?" and Emily touched her hair, so soft they were the same as her own.

"Oh! Good Morning my child', said Santra and woke with a start. 

"Why were you sleeping here in my room on the floor? You even didn't have a blanket its so cold, I am afraid you will catch cold. Are you alright?' asked Emily in a worried tone. 

"Darling I am perfectly fine, don't you trouble yourself my love", replied Santra in a kind tone.

" If you say so" she smiled.

"Emily darling breakfast is ready come downstairs and I have to drop you at your college and then aunt Santra has to catch her plane so do hurry up." exclaimed Steve.

"What are you going but why?" she said and thought all this to her self what she really wanted to say I want you to stay here. I have never felt this for anyone but you seem so familiar your eyes are same as mine, the way you speak to me, I feel as if I am a part of yours separated from you just stay her one more day. I promise I won't stop you again, I beg you please. 

Then she came back to reality. She possibly couldn't say all that to a stranger . Emily said little but it meant everything to Clara who had been dying to spent time with her daughter. She loved her girl more than life itself.

Eleven years back when she separated from Steve she thought she could handle herself but as days passed she became short tempered and lousy. She stopped recruiting and used to spend her time alone thinking of Emily. As years passed Clara thought she had done a big mistake by leaving her family, her guiltiness was finishing her up. She went to New York on a business trip and saw Steve at the hotel. They met in an awkward way then Clara told him she wanted to see Emily at first Steve was not ready but he accepted her demand on a condition that she won't tell her real name to Emily and would not try to subjugate her.

"Hey, what are you thinking?" asked Emily. 

Oh I guess I don't want to go yet. I like you company dear girl"

"Same here" she smiled

"Okay let's talk about you. Tell me something about yourself. Do you miss your mom" 

She could tell by the look on Emily's face that she had asked a wrong question

"Do you know my mom left me when I was only six. I loved her alot so did she, we used to play together she taught me how  play a violin, we used to have a great time together cooking, washing, baking, gardening, painting, singing and so much more. She had a bed time story every other night. She used to tell me God is everywhere he listens to the prayers in out hearts. I prayed God several times to make my mom return but he didn't listen to my prayers, I started loosing my belief and soon I started hating my mom for leaving me, I have got Dad by my side but I want to have a mother as well", with tears in her eyes she gave away her heart.

At that moment Clara felt so weak and guilty that she began to cry

Clara hugged her princess tightly they both cried as if they had never separated.

"I never told all this to anyone but my heart said you were supposed to know my feelings".

"Emily I want to tell you something, I am".

 But before she could complete her sentence Steve interrupted her. 

"Santra its time for your flight let's go."

"Bye Emily, sobbed Clara".

"Take Care" and she kissed Clara on her cheek.