THE PHONE CALL

"Happy Birthday to you darling".

" Dad? oh thanks, I love you Dad" smiled Emily.

" I know love" and Steve hugged his daughter." Be downstairs for your breakfast in ten minutes"

" Yes Dad", answered Emily. 

Downstairs while Steve was busy making a divine breakfast the phone rang. 

"Coming", said Steve and hurried in the hall to pick the call. "Hey who's there?" he enquired.

 There was nothing but a small painful voice from the other side. 

"Hey there Steve, its me Clara", and the voice paused," how are you doing?" The reply shocked him to such intensity that he dropped the phone.

" Dad whatsup? Are you okay? Who's on the phone?" 

And Emily picked the phone, "Hello who's there?" Emily asked.

" Emily? Is that you? Its me your mom, Clara". 

The answer was unbelievable, Emily could not stop her tears for a fraction of second but the betrayal took over the love and she replied: "Sorry wrong number, my mom died when I was six you must be mistaken goodbye", and Emily hung up the phone.

"Darling, are you okay?" asked Steve in a worried tone. 

"Dad I want to be alone for some time and don't worry I am fine". Replied Emily, and went to her room.

From her drawer she took out a letter and opened it,

" My dear Emily I am very sorry for leaving you all alone. Darling please forgive me I love you alot, I am sure you won't be able to understand it all, my love you might start hating me, you might think I am the worst mum in the world but trust me my child what I am doing is a part of destiny. Do you remember I used to tell you that God has planned our life before we are born this was also a plan of God. He is testing us and I want you and me to pass this test in the best way. My love you are my life, my soul, my world, without you I am incomplete. Please try to forgive me.
Love Mom."

Reading her mom's letter after ten years Emily cried so hard that she could not believe it herself.

" I hate you Mrs Clara, I really hate you"