It's An Order, My Duty! || PART 2

A loud bang echoed throughout the large room, a grunt and a thud followed it.

Xiao panted heavily and raised his head at the figure in front of him, who had his leg raised and foot pressed gently against his forehead threateningly.

Suddenly, the man lifted his foot and put it on the ground. "Alright, that's enough for today. You're quite bloody, clean yourself up." He turned and left to go to the other side of the room, where a desk full of messy papers, boxes, and other objects stood.

"I'm honestly not all that surprised." Xiao retorted, slowly standing up as he slid up a nearby wall to support himself.

Venti didn't turn to look at him but chuckled lightly as he fumbled around the items on the table, seeming to search for something. "You just need practice and you'll get used to it, quite simple."

"Simple as in I get beat up every day?"

"You have to learn to defend yourself so you won't get beat up every day."

"You still have yet to teach me how to do that in the first place. I feel like you're just torturing me for your own pleasure..." Xiao scoffed, sitting down on the floor as he wiped his mouth from the blood he vomited not long ago.

Venti laughed again. "Your sarcasm brings me joy, Alatus." Xiao pouted, but he also smiled. However, he quickly hissed with a wince. A bruise was located near his lip from yesterday's training session and it pained him to move any kind of mouth muscle now that he was focusing on his injuries.

He sighed and leaned his head back to look at the ceiling. Despite his earlier words, Xiao was seeing some kind of improvement in his movements. He was beginning to understand Venti's moves and actions, resulting in him learning the best way to dodge it and come back at him.

He felt somewhat prideful, but Xiao knew that it was just Venti. He needed to learn how to be good at combat with others, and not just the Mafia boss. Though, Xiao shrugged. He knew he'd get it eventually, it just took time.

"Say, Xiao," Venti called out to him, now looking right at him. Xiao straightened himself and raised a brow. Venti seemed to stop for a moment, then finally spoke up again. "You know, you're not an actual member yet. You can still back out if this is all too much for you."

Xiao shook his head. "I agreed to this and I'm determined to go along with it. Don't worry, if I really didn't want to join the Mafia, I would've already left a long time ago." He reassured the man. Venti smiled softly, feeling relieved.

"Alright. Well, once you're done with all this training, and if you stay, I'd like to give you a position at your ceremony."

"Ceremony?" Xiao blinked, confused. "And what position are you talking about, exactly?"

"Yeah, once you become an official mafioso, you'll get a ceremony," Venti responded cheerily, then put a finger to his lips teasingly. "And that role is going to be kept a secret until then."

"You're way too secretive..." Xiao sighed. He wanted to know, but he didn't dare urge out the answer. He trusted Venti and knew it wouldn't be something unbearable, so Xiao stayed silent. He was also a little frightened he'd evoke his anger.

Venti giggled. "It's only normal, did you forget my position? Don't think I didn't earn it." He said with a genuine smile.

Xiao heard that line before, when he was talking to the blonde woman, who he learned was one of the few executives of the Mafia, as well as one of the three assistants of the head boss.

However, at the time, he sounded frustrated and annoyed. His patience had been lost back then. But, even though Xiao had been talking with him this whole time, he never sensed even a small bit of anger.