Honorable Bard... A Warrior? 💙🌸💛🌈

(GET READY FOR EXTREME ANGST!!)

TW: THIS INCLUDES MENTIONS OF DEATH/PASSING AND WAR!!

This AU is about after all the gnosis from the 7 archons are collected and all 7 nations are instructed to have war against Celestia. This is a part of the theory that I'll link twice! Hope y'all enjoy!

(link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGkm6fNnZiA&ab_channel=Wei%F0%9F%94%85)

{Part 1/2-3 (not sure yet)}

XIAO  POV

Xiao raced up the hill, stumbling over his own steps. His chest heaved up and down as he gasped for air. It wasn't even such a big deal, why was he in such a rush? It could be that he hasn't seen him in quite a while (literally only like 2 days), but that's not the point...

Xiao finally stopped, gasping for air. He looked up, still catching his breath. 

His beautiful braids blowing in the wind, green eyes shimmering, there, Venti sat on a rock at the top of the hill, playing a tune on his Lyre. The sounds of Xiao made Venti turn his head.

Venti stopped playing his lyre, taking his arms away from the strings. "Ah! Xiao! Come sit next to me, I'm just playing a tune~" He would say cheerfully, patting a spot next to him on the rock.

Xiao walked up slowly to the rock and eventually sat on it, quite surprised how Venti was just... so calm...

Xiao embraced Venti's lovely scent and admired his features as Venti continued to play a tune that relaxed Xiao. It reminded him of the first time they met.

Xiao yawned suddenly, as quiet as he could, but Venti immediately heard it. He stopped playing his tune again and looked over to Xiao, a concerned look on his face. Xiao sighed as Venti began to speak. "Xiao, if you're tired, you have to rest. Sleeping is important, y'know?" He said rather cheerfully, but a speck of concern in his voice. Xiao only nodded, but then added on, "Where can I sleep now? I don't feel like laying my head on a rock." He would joke, his tone still rather cold.

Venti chuckled. "I'll give you my shoulder~," He said, taking Xiao's hand and resting it on his lap to full him downwards, closer to Venti. Xiao flinched and blushed. "A-Alright..." He would slowly move his head down to Venti's shoulder.

Xiao rested there and then got into a more comfortable position. He then remembered something.

"V-Venti?-" He said, feeling more and more sleepy as Venti continued to play his lyre. "Now, now. Rest. You can tell me once you awaken." He said, voice sounding a bit rusty this time. Xiao only nodded slightly before the tunes of the lyre brought him to his peaceful dreams.

'This could be the last time I ever saw Venti, how much more can I screw up?!' Xiao thought to himself as his eyes blinked sleepily. He came up the hill to find Venti for one reason and one reason only...

"Please don't battle alone... I don't... want- to- lose... you..." Xiao whimpered before his eyes finally shut completely.

VENTI POV

Venti continued to play his lyre, though his movements on the instrument got a bit stumbly. Venti's thoughts drifted, thinking about the sorrow Xiao may suffer from the war that approached. As an archon, Venti had to fight for Monstadt. He had no choice. But, then again, what would it hurt to have someone by his side as he fought? It would be safer for him and much less boring.

Venti shook his head, trying to shake the thought away. No. It was too dangerous. Bringing his own lover into the most dangerous part of war with him? Such foolishness...

Venti continued to play the lyre, often staring back at Xiao and his sleeping face. He rested peacefully, his right arm resting on Venti's leg. Venti stared at him, seeming distracted by his beauty.

Xiao was just so perfect... More than Venti could ever be. 

His mind then thought of how many people Xiao had lost in his life.

All the other Yaskha. He was the only one remaining. It pained Venti. If Venti had passed, not many people would mind if they didn't know he was the Anemo Archon. But Xiao. He was his lover. If he were to lose him too, Venti couldn't imagine the pain Xiao would have to go through.

Venti stopped playing his lyre and pulled his hand away from the strings of the instrument. He hovered his hands over Xiao's as they rested on his leg. After hovering it for a while, he set it down, gently grabbing his hand.

The warm feeling of both love and Xiao's hand soothed the uneasy feeling Venti had. He closed his eyes and rested his head on Xiao's. He opened his mouth slightly and whispered something.

"I love you, darling." He muttered before falling asleep himself.

The two rested themselves on that rock until they awoke together at Sunset the next day. Love was hard, and so was life. Nothing could change that, but could something change fate?