Chapter Ten

I woke up in the morning with Jaci cuddled up on me

I woke up in the morning with Jaci cuddled up on me. It was an amazing night we had last night I will never forget it, I looked at Jaci's sleeping face she looked so cute I kissed her head and got up from the bed and grabbed our scattered clothes, and put them in the laundry basket and went into the bathroom to take a shower I turned on the warm water that I had thanks to Jaci and took a nice shower. I pushed my hair back thinking about the words I said to her before falling asleep. I loved her, maybe I punished myself long enough, maybe I can actually love her and start a life with her. Firstly I need to get this situation cleared. I finished washing and got out of the shower and grabbed a towel from the rack and wrapped it around my waist and began to brush my teeth. When I finished I left the bathroom and went to my dresser and pulled out some clothes, then I felt some arms wrap around me. I smiled softly, "morning baby". I said I didn't get a response but I felt her face pressed up against my back which was an answer I could accept. "Did you sleep, well hun?" I asked "yeah I slept well with you next to me" she giggled softly I turned around and held her close and kissed her softly then pulled away. She moved my hair out of my face and kissed my cheek "want me to make us some breakfast" she suggested "yeah baby you can just let me make a quick call alright" she smiled and nodded. I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom to get dressed then I went and got my phone and dialed Sage's number but there was no answer. He must be busy. I'll call him later and then I went into the kitchen where Jaci was making us some french toast. I went up behind her and kissed her neck softly, she giggled "would you like some blueberries or strawberries on yours?" I thought for a moment "can't really decide between blueberries or you" I joked she laughed "blueberries it is" "aw man" I faked whined "you get me for dessert" she winked I chuckled "so who was the important call" she asked as she placed down the food "it's the friend I was talking about but he didn't answer" she raised an eyebrow "so this guys a cop and he's helping you?" I nodded as I sat down "and he says he has the stuff to help you" "yeah he does" she looked concerned "what if he's lying to you" I looked up at her "why would he do that I saved his life" she sat down next to me "but he also once thought you were murder and you saved his life once now he's gonna help you" "look he was the only one I could turn to at the time" "but what about me I could've helped you that mortal can betray you any time he wants unless something bigger comes on" she said, "what makes me think you wouldn't do the same?" I asked, getting a little annoyed. She looked pissed. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I stood up "I mean what's stopping you from not walking away right now I mean your demon princess you can get anything you want" she looked offended and got up "oh I don't know me loving you" I scoffed "is it love? or is it just to make sure your daddy doesn't send you away" she immediately slapped me across the face. When I looked at her she had hurt and regret in her eyes "I-im sorry Alex I don't know" I held my hand "just I think I need to cool down alright" I said. She looked down at her hands and I left the apartment building and went to go on a walk.
_______________________________________
I walked down the sidewalk of the city and bumped into someone "Woah shit sorry" I saw it was Rika "oh. hey Alex" she sounded awkward "look I'm sorry for what happened back at the lobby" I started but she interrupted "no it's fine I lied and I should have never made you try to cover for me you were just being honest" she said sincerely "right um so what are you doing here" I asked "oh I just came from visiting my sister just going to my car" she responded, "say what are you doing all alone where's your lady friend?" I laughed awkwardly "me and her kind of had a minor disagreement I just came to clear my head" She laughed a little "why don't we go to my place to talk alright" she offered I was hesitant but also couldn't be out in the open and I couldn't change to my disguise because my emotions are everywhere "sure why not" she smiled and I followed her to her car and we got in and drove away.