Chapter 3

Jack woke up in a cell to light, gentle prodding to a minor head wound; at first, he didn't open his eyes, enjoying what he knew was his jewel's gentle hand running through his hair. That was until Caspian whispered "I know you're awake." then Jack noticed his head was in Caspian's lap, and he smiled still not opening his eyes "hmm" he murmured, "how's your head feeling?" Caspian asked, slightly worried. Jack finally opened his eyes then reached up and cupped Caspian's cheek "I'm fine Cas, you?" Jack asked Caspian nodded, leaning down to place an upside-down kiss on Jack's lips.

It was now late into the night and Caspian and Jack had been trapped all day. The prisoners in the cell next to them were whistling and calling with a bone to attract the dog with the key. The dog was sitting unmoving no matter what the prisoners did, it had been trained that way. Jack was just sitting there leaning against the wall with Caspian asleep pressed up against his side with Jack's hat tilted down over Caspian's sleeping ocean-green eyes.

"You can keep doing that forever, the dog is never going to move," Jack said hoping the idiotic prisoners wouldn't wake his darling."Well, excuse us if we haven't resigned ourselves to the gallows just yet." One prisoner huffed. Causing Jack to chuckle at them and look back down at his beautiful Caspian, He placed a gentle kiss on his head and whispered "I'll get us out of here, somehow, I promise" Before closing his eyes.

It was the middle of the night when cannon fire outside woke both Caspian and Jack "we know those cannons" Jack said as both ran to the small window "yes we do" Caspian said excitedly as they saw the Black Pearl down in the harbour causing chaos "it's the Pearl" Jack muttered. "Black Pearl?" A prisoner asked. "I've heard stories. She's been preying on ships and settlements for nearly ten years. Never leaves any survivors." he said, sounding a little scared. "No survivors," Jack repeated, turning his head to smile at the prisoner. "Then where do the stories come from, I wonder?" He teased, Caspian stifling a laugh into Jack's shoulder which turned into a yawn because he was still tired. Causing the prisoners to look confused.

Jack saw something, probably a bomb of some sort, get sent flying straight toward the window. "Cas!" He yelled, grabbing Caspian and jumping away from the window, off the bench they landed on the ground Jack on top of Caspian protecting him from the blast. When they stood up they noticed a hole in the cell wall, the one next to they's. One of the prisoners stopped and turned to them "My sympathies, friends. You've no manner of luck at all." he said before turning and following the rest of the prisoners out of the hole. "No, no we don't," Caspian muttered, as they watched them escape.

After an agonizing hour in silence, Jack saw the bone just outside the bars and got on his knees grabbed the bone and stuck his arm out then started whistling for the dog. "Come on, doggy. It's just you and us now." Jack called as Caspian watched in amusement. "It's you, ol' Jack, and handsome Caspian," he said, causing Caspian to chuckle and roll his eyes. Finally, the dog came into view "Come on, that's a good boy. Good boy, come get your bone." Jack whispered, tapping the bone against the bars. "Come on, a bit closer- a bit closer!" The closer the dog got, the more hope-filled his voice. "That's it, that's it, doggy," Jack praised the dog right outside their cell. "Come on you filthy, slimy, mangy..."

A crash is heard by the stairs, causing the dog to run away. "No, no, no, no, no, no! I didn't mean that, I didn't! Oh, wh- you think this is so bloody funny, don't you darling?" he said as he turned to see Caspian giggling. Just then a guard fell down the stairs followed by two familiar men "this ain't the armoury," one said while the other made their way towards the cell "well, well, well" the second one said as Jack slowly stood up, pulling Caspian closer to his side as they glared at the man. "Look what we have here, Twigg. Captain Jack Sparrow and Caspian Nightingale."

The man spits at their feet. "Last time I saw you two you were all alone, on a godforsaken island, shrinking into the distance." The first one, Twigg, spoke up. "their fortunes haven't improved much." "Worry about your own fortunes, gentlemen.The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers." Caspian said furiously.