Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18: Memories

After the fight against Kibutsuji, (Y/N) was in a coma for a week. When she awoke, she was reminded that she lost so many people that she loved and her heart shattered into a million pieces. Memories of Muichirou, Mitsuri, and many more people, poured into her mind and she couldn't help but fall into a state of depression, isolating herself in her room again. The only reason she didn't die of a broken heart was because of Senjurou.

"(Y/N)," Senjurou knocked on her door.

"I want to be alone, Senjurou..." (Y/N) answered him from the other side of it.

"There's something I need you to see."

He heard her sigh, "is it important?"

"Yes, extremely."

"Fine, I'm coming."

She opened it and saw Senjurou holding something in his hand, which was closed. "I found this in your pocket when I washed your uniform," he opened his hand and revealed her and Muichirou's rings.

She gasped. "I was so caught up in the fight that I forgot about those!"

"I figured as much. They're still in really good shape despite your uniform being damaged, there's no dents or anything!"

For the first time in weeks, (Y/N) smiled as she took the rings. There were tears streaming down her face as she remembered her and Muichirou's promise, but still, there was a smile.

...

(Y/N) looked in the mirror. The effects of the last three months still lingered, and she didn't quite look like herself, but she was slowly beginning to heal. Today, after staying in the Flame Estate all this time, she was finally going out for a Hashira meeting.

"(Y/N), Shinazugawa-San is here!" Senjurou called her.

Sanemi and (Y/N) had gotten closer after the battle against Kibutsuji. Knowing how alone she felt, he would visit her at her estate and they were, unfortunately, able to bond over losing some of their fingers and loved ones to Kokushibou.

"Hey, kid." Sanemi waved.

"Good morning, Sanemi!" (Y/N) waved back.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yes, let's go!" (Y/N) smiled and Sanemi patted her shoulder.

They were leaving the Flame Estate when (Y/N) saw her uniform hanging up, flowing with the wind as it dried under the sun. There were a lot of tears and rips on it, but she saw that as a symbol of her legacy and bravery as a Demon Slayer, which made her sad. Just a few months ago, she wore that every night. Now, it was merely a beat up outfit. Everything about her old life felt heavy to think about now.

...

"Hi, Tomioka-San!" (Y/N) smiled. Her and Giyuu also grew closer after the final battle.

"Hey." He wore a small grin.

"How are your wounds?"