Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Alternate World

      Even in their many lifetimes, David Mitchell wouldn't forget his little sister from his past life. His ability to remember all of his experience and store information always makes sure of that.

He remembers how his little sister used to be a very rabid fan of a show called Bungou Stray Dogs. And how she always told him the story and the characters within them.

Bungou Stray Dogs is a world filled with Ability Users that was named after Authors. The main setting place of the show was a port city in Japan called Yokohama. His sister told him about the Armed Detective Agency, Port Mafia, and the Guild.

Then she told him that her favorite characters are Dazai and Chuuya. And after telling him every time she visits the characters and the details about their abilities, She has finally told him about the protagonist of the story Nakajima Atsushi.

A young man possessing white hair and heterochromatic eyes. His ability is called Beast beneath the moonlight which allows him to transfer into a white tiger.

When he was 8 years old in this world, he learned that he was in Bungou Stray Dogs.

When he met his Senior Agatha Christie and learned about her ability, he started suspecting that everything was different from what his little sister told him in his original life.

And now, with the picture given to him by Agatha Christie, David's suspicion was correct.

The appearance of the kid was different from what his little sister used to tell him.

He was indeed in an alternate version of Bungou Stray Dogs.

And now it was his job to hunt down Robert Louise Stevenson and Nakajima Atsushi and capture both of them alive.

David Mitchell wasn't looking forward to this mission at all.

------------------------

      This is a different world. A world of named authors possessing supernatural abilities. Yet this world's ability users' abilities differed from that one world. And possibly some people do not exist in that world compared to this different world. The people in that world and this world may bear the same name, but sometimes a divergent point is created.

Some may have different appearances, some may have different gender, or some may have different backgrounds.

As for the background of the so-called 'protagonist' of this world. It differs from the one where he was abandoned by his parents in the orphanage.

In this world, Nakajima Atsushi was born with different abilities. He doesn't possess the ability Beast Beneath the moonlight which gives him a tiger-like ability and a tiger-like appearance.

The ability of Nakajima Atsushi [ Light, Wind, and Dreams ] was unknown to his parents when he was just born. It wasn't discovered and he was raised and loved by his parents since he was thought to be a normal child.

But everything have changed last year. Everything changed when it became Atsushi's 4th birthday.

What a normal special outing to celebrate their son's birthday became something that has changed the course of life for Nakajima Atsushi.

A simple outing at a Mall changed because of an ability user attempted to rob a bank. Unfortunately, the Nakajima family happened to be at the bank. And it was also unfortunate enough that the kidnapper/robber grabbed the 4-year-old Atsushi as his hostage.

With tears in his eyes and overwhelmed with fear, the 4-year-old Nakajima Atsushi has activated his ability for the first time.

Light has enveloped the ability user. And it was like that the ability user can't breathe. As the robber struggled to breathe, he started seeing hallucinations. Different beautiful illusions that was tempting him to sleep. Eventually, the ability user succumbed to unconsciousness.

Dreaming, and never waking up again.

All the people inside that have witnessed what Nakajima Atsushi could do to them were terrified. Including his parents. As Atsushi tried to approach them, his mother then uttered that word that would be forever etched in his mind.

" Monster. "

His father then said to him.

" Don't approach us! "

With panic in his voice.

Atsushi was very afraid and confuse about what he have done. Atsushi who just wanted to seek the comfort of his parents.... was left hurt by the words that his parents said to him.

One of the people then contacted the police and explain the situation to them over the phone.

Later, a special secret service from the government came along with the police. They then put Atsushi in a tranquilizer and wanted to ask Atsushi's parents some questions.

When Nakajima Atsushi woke up again, everything have changed. Not just his environment but he also learned that his parents have abandoned him at the hands of this secret government sub-organization that wanted to study and learn his ability.

Every day, there wasn't a day that Atsushi didn't cry and wished his parents to come and get him.

Every night he wished that he wasn't spending his time in this plain white room with only a bed, pillow, and quilt.

Every time he wished that he doesn't being studied by these cold and heartless people against his will.

Soon, Atsushi learned a lot of things.

He learned not to cry.

Crying would only make those people torment him further.

To not complain and comply.

They said he should be grateful that they care for him.

He learned to accept everything that they have done to him.

And accept being a monster and being a useful weapon for the government.

His second murder is the day of his 5th birthday. They congratulated him for being an efficient weapon.

After that came his 3rd, and 4th on so on 'mission' that then Atsushi couldn't count them on his fingers anymore.

Despite their praises and compliments, Atsushi felt cold, and his chest aching constantly.

He has put a lot of people to sleep even when they have begged not to. Then there were those angry people muttering that he was a monster before Atsushi put them to sleep forever.

It reaffirmed to Atushi that he was indeed a monster.

But not a few months later after his 5th birthday, someone told Atsushi something different.

" You're not a monster. You're something special, Atsushi. "