Chapter 9

Chapter 9:  Grimm and Yokohama

[ 2 years ago ]

In this world, there are many powerful and unique ability that exists.

The Grimm's Fairy Tales is a unique ability. It has existed for a long time in the country of Germany. The origin of the ability was a complete mystery.

But there were myths that the Grimm's Fairy Tales came from Fairies. People don't know whether to believe such tales.

But as the ability users or possessors of Grimm's Fairy Tales became more and more inhuman as the ability became more powerful and passed down to the next generation, maybe there was truth to the myth itself.

The Grimms are a descendant of fairies.

--------------------------

The Grimms aren't humans. It was observed and judged by the people, government, and country.

The first ever recorded ability user of the ability of Grimm's Fairy Tales was someone who used to serve the country. So it was then decided that the next generation would serve the country itself and keep the tradition.

As time passed, the possessors of the Grimm's Fairy Tales are acknowledged to be one of the most powerful ability users in Germany. Their ability and strength were admired by the people but it was also a source of envy.

In ancient times, it was an honor to be served by the Grimms, but as of now, the government merely sees the Grimms as a weapon for their selfish agenda.

The current generation Grimm has long lost his will. It didn't matter to it if it was treated as something that wasn't human but a mere tool to use in their selfish desires.

It was fine if he wasn't called a He.

It was fine that he wasn't called by his name anymore but by the designation that was etched on his bloodline and the users of the Grimm's Fairy Tales.

The current Grimm was an unemotional and cold weapon that was willing to do anything for the country.

But as the great war happened, everything changed.

Everything changed for the current Grimm who met a person that would change his life.

" I could just have killed you... But I won't. It's so painful. I feel that my heart is being crushed to pieces. I'm angry.. but killing you won't make him happy. It wouldn't bring satisfaction to me but unhappiness. "

That person who has sworn to enact his revenge towards the Grimm who has killed his guardian. But in the end, the Grimm was spared his life.

A child who has stained his hands red by stepping on the battlefield. But someone who hasn't killed deserters in battle who was reluctantly put on the battlefield. Instead, David Mitchell spared their lives and protected them to escape the battlefield.

David Mitchell was an interesting piece on the battlefield. It reminded Grimm of someone important to him long ago.

So in the end, Grimm decided something for himself after a long time even if it was against the government of his country and he was branded as a traitor by them.

He decided to follow David Mitchell because he found him interesting and wanted to know more about him.

It was one of the best decisions that he made in his life.

He wasn't just Grimm anymore but he was also Jacob again.

------------------------

The 7 traitors are an infamous group of ability users from different countries that participated in the Great War. They are branded as international criminals but at the same time, they are also branded as heroes. They have a friendly and hostile relationship with governments of different countries around the world. Overall, the 7 traitors are a very complicated matter.

Sometimes they are the enemy of the world, and sometimes they cooperate with the government to capture dangerous criminal ability users who abuse their abilities around the world.

Eventually, the cruise ship of 7 traitors landed in the port of Yokohama in Japan. A few minutes later David Mitchell got down on the cruise ship followed by Shi Nian and Grimm.

After they left the ship, the port wasn't empty. Within the part where they landed at the docks, several people are waiting for them. And among those people are familiar faces.

" Senior Agatha. "

David Mitchell approached the current leader of the Order of the Clock Tower and greeted her. He then bowed his head. Agatha smiled slightly.

" It's been a while. "

" Yes. Indeed it is, Senior Agatha. "

" How about you stop calling me Senior? "

There was a smile on Agatha's face that was not quite a smile.

" Wouldn't it be disrespectful? "

" You are already disrespecting me, Mitchell. "

" How? "

David blinked faux innocently. The fake smile on Agatha's face was removed as there was a dangerous glint was revealed in her eyes.

" Mitchell.. "

" Senior is senior. "

" Don't call me old, you heathen! "

As Agatha cracked her knuckles, David grinned. On both sides, the other members of the 7 traitors and the order of the clock tower sighed. Especially on the former as they saw their leader act like the immature child that he was and was pulling the pigtails of his 'respected' person.

Eventually, David Mitchell decided to behave himself before his Senior can use her ability on him. (Through it was impossible since the only way that his former senior can activate his ability on him was for him to feel even the slightest amount of despair)

Miss Agatha Christie has a very dangerous ability. Once her ability is used, the only one who knows what happened to the target of the ability users was herself.

After a while, Agatha handed him two pictures. A man and a little kid. David Mitchell frowned when he received it.

The man was dressed impeccably. Looking at the picture, he was giving a gentle and amiable demeanor. His bright green eyes are perfect behind his rectangle glasses. He looks like a very noble Victorian gentleman.

The other picture was of a kid possessing gray hair and golden eyes. He was expressionless as he gaze at the camera.

" The man is Robert Louis Stevenson. A refugee to Japan who escaped to our country 2 years ago and is now a wanted criminal by the Japanese Government. His ability is called Treasure Island. An ability that is capable of locating other ability users. The kid in the other picture is Nakajima Atsushi. He was very important to the Japanese Government. The name of his ability is Light, Wind, and Dreams. He was capable of killing ability users. "

The two pictures that David Mitchell was holding dropped to the ground.