Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Book of Urizen

5 years ago.....

Arthur Conan Doyle gazes at the pile of paper placed on his desk. Annoyance and frustration can be seen on his face. He stares at the person in front of him and asked.

" Mr. Robert Burns, I am your head investigator. Why I am being saddled with paperwork? "

The Chief of the Skilled Crime Department sighed and patted the head investigator's shoulder.

" The upper management isn't glad about what have you done in the recent case. ".

" I have solved their problem as quickly as possible. Shouldn't they be glad that there are fewer casualties within it? "

Robert narrowed his eyes at him.

" You have been reckless. As a result, several historical infrastructures have been damaged. "

" It was the criminal's fault. It isn't mine. "

" But your the one who forced his hand aren't you? "

" It isn't just me who was in the case... why I am just the one being saddled with horrible paperwork? You are treating your employees with inequality. How unfair! "

" Stop with your dramatics, Arthur. Hurry up and do your paperwork. "

" This was supposed to be the job of Miss Austen. "

Arthur took a seat on his chair and glared at the paperwork that was stacked like a mountain. He muttered some insensible things that Robert can't hear. But he knows that it was a bunch of complaints. A slight smile was revealed on his face as he stared at their newest and youngest member.

" Don't worry, you are not the one who would be only saddled with paperwork. "

" Then, good! "

" All of the other members who have gone to solve the case with you would also be punished with paperwork and not allowed to take cases for 1 week. "

" Make sure to make it more than what I have, Mr. Robert~ "

As Robert was prepared to leave with his employee's workroom, a smirk was revealed on his face.

" Aren't you the one who was demanding that I treat everyone equally? "

" Then please make me an exception. "

Arthur replied instantly with a serious expression on his face. Robert chuckled.

" Kid, don't you have some shame? "

Arthur frowned.

" Don't call me a kid. I am already a legal adult according to the law and customs. I am 20 years old. "

" Then, you're a kid in my eyes. "

" Mr.Burns, I happen to think of several ways to get rid of my boss in my mind, do you want to know of it? "

" Please, keep it to your head, Doyle. I have no interest in it. "

" A pity. "

Arthur said with calm anger in his eyes. He then 'smiled' at his boss.

" Then, please be safe on your travels Mr. Robert Burns. "

" I would just go to my office, there's no need to wish for my safe travels. "