Chapter 1

"Any last words?" Zee sneers at his victim, looming over him like a grim reaper that he is as he crouches down and put a knife to his throat. It's dark and raining cats and dogs, making it easier for him to kill.

"P-Please, please don't kill me" the man begs for his life. He couldn't run away as Zee had sliced the back of his foot just above the heel to restrict his movements.

"Same old boring last words. Nevermind" Zee sighs, rolling his eyes.

"What do you want?" The man questions, voice shaking from fear as he could feel the sharp cold metal threatening to take his life.

"Justice" Zee prompts, his eyes grow cold and dark. Without another word and with one fleeting move he slashes the man's throat, spurting out thick red blood onto his face and clothes. The man chokes as he cups his throat with his hands, trying to stop the bleeding but the cut was too deep and blood keep flowing, seeping in between his fingers.

As his life flashes before his eyes, zee pulls out a picture of a teenage girl from his back pocket and shoves it to his face.

"Aria," zee reminds him. His eyes bulge as recognition hits him and he tries to speak but to no avail. "The girl you raped and killed. Remember that name while you take your last breath"

And with that he leaves the man alone in his own house, sprawling on the floor in his own pool of blood letting him ponders over his sin that is just a little too late for him to repent.

............

Zee turns on the shower and immerses himself in the sprinkle of water, letting it wash away the blood on his shirt, his hands and his body as well as the images of his recent kill. He doesn't even bother to undress himself first.

It isn't regret that he's feeling. He never regrets getting rid of those rats from this world, he even feel honoured to take the job.

They don't deserve to live anyways, he thought.

But it's the flashbacks that haunt him and manage to find its way back into his head after every kill. The flashbacks of the incident that pushed his mother to the verge of sanity and it wasn't long until she totally lost it. Her mother was declared unfit for custody and has to be taken away to a mental institution, leaving him all by himself in this cruel world at the age of 10.

The feeling of anger and sorrow led him to who he is today and he had vowed in silent fervour to avenge his mother and so he did, the first bad blood that stained his hands.

And since then he becomes the assassin that he is today.