10

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

   02.01 Trigon

      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  

"NO." Rachel whispers, shaking her head. "Let him go." She swivels,  her eyes black as the dark liquid releases from her hand, her distorted voice demanding; "Let him go."

Her father snaps and it disappears, sighing. "I'm afraid you're grounded. No more magic."

"I won't let you do this."

"Let me?" He chuckles. "You did this. You brought me here, Rachel. Your purpose was to bring me into your world. The whole journey you've taken with your friends, it's all been to make this moment happen."

Like a lap dog, Angela rushes to Trigon's side, telling Rachel; "I couldn't be more proud. You've given this world a gift."

Brokenly, the fifteen-year-old murmurs; "You never loved me. You used me."

"Oh, sweet girl, this is so much more important than love."

"Just let him go." She begs.

Trigon begins; "Look around you, daughter. All there is here is loss, betrayal, and decay. Everyone you love will leave you by their own hand or in ashes. Nothing lasts. The only thing that awaits you is disappointment. You will lose everyone. It's heartbreaking, isn't it? Let your heart break. It's inevitable. And then you'll be free to join me. Our future will be glorious."

"Uh, hard pass." Gar speaks from where he's shoved Azrael behind him.

Azrael peers over his shoulder. "Rae, let's go. Like, nowish."

"Ace."

"Run!" Gar shouts, sprinting down the hall. The seventeen-year-old doesn't hesitate to yank the fifteen-year-old with them up the stairs. He pants out; "No offense, but your dad is an asshole."

"Tell me about it."

"What in the hell is that?" Azrael gapes as the hallway stretches impossibly long.
Gar huffs. "Oh, that's creepy."

"No shit."

Gar grips her hand again, walking forward as he says; "Come on."

"Rachel! Come out and play!" The dark Grayson shouts, making them pause.

"Come on, we need to find a way out!" Rachel says as they turn down a hallway and enter the bedroom.

Gar doesn't let go of Azrael's hand as he panics; "What is happening?" Azrael ignores him, tugging away as she locks the door, Gar grimacing at the photographs with gaping mouths and bleeding eyes on the wall "What is happening?"