8

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

01.10 Koriand'r

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

THE FIRE NIPS AT THE SEVENTEEN-YEAR-OLD'S NECK, SCORCHING HER SKIN EVEN MORE AS SHE WAILS, THICK TEARS FALLING DOWN HER CHEEKS. Hearing her anguish, Garfield doesn't hesitate to yank Kori's hand free from her neck.

"Kori, stop! You're hurting her!" Letting her fall to shuffle back as Rachel does the same, straight into her mother's awaiting arms as the magenta-haired woman strangles the green-haired boy. He gasps; "Kori? It's me. Gar."

Azrael coughs, attempting to rise but falling back, her head spinning for lack of air as the door bursts open to reveal Dick Grayson. "Kori, what are you..."

He's cut off as the woman haphazardly throws the eighteen-year-old backward into the man, both groaning as the vibrant green-eyed woman robotically steps toward Rachel, kicking a stool away as the mother and daughter whimper. A glowing rope vines around the magenta-haired woman's neck, a feminine voice says; "Stop."

Kori scowls, tugging the rope yet the brunette woman tugs back, tucking and rolling, yanking Kori closer and slamming her into the ground as Rachel cries in fear. Azrael leans on the wall, shakily pulling herself up as Dick jumps up, assisting Gar in rising. "You all right?"

"Yeah." He croaks, seeing the pink-haired girl wince. "Ace?"

"I-" She clears her throat. "I'm good."

"It's gonna be okay, Rachel." The blonde soothes her daughter.

"Nice catch." The Logan muses, subconsciously gravitating to stand next to the Eaton.

The Grayson narrows his eyes in question. "What happened?"

Angela accuses; "She tried to kill my daughter and her friend."

"Rachel, Ace." Dick says.

"I was trying to help Kori get her memory back." She explains softly, glancing back at the woman unconscious on the ground. "I must've done something wrong."

Azrael's eyes snap to Rachel, worry in her eyes. "No, Rae. Nothing happened until I touched you. I didn't think anything would happen."

"No. None of this is either of your fault." The mother reassures.

Ignoring her, the teenager shuffles to the side with Gar silently following until his eyes widen along with his smile. "The lasso. You're her, aren't you?"

"Her? Who 'her'?" Azrael cocks a brow. "I'm confused."

The brunette states; "I'm an old friend of Dick's."

"Dick has friends?"

"You're Wonder Girl." The two teens chorus, sharing a look of amusement.

The woman chuckles at the teen's question. "Yes." She looks at Gar in all seriousness. "And I was."