Chapter 6

This had to be the most embarrassing and awkward thing I'd ever had to endure. After splashing my face with water and taking deep breaths I'd come to the conclusion that I could never show my face to Amya again. 

There was no way she hadn't heard every single sound I'd made, or the embarrassing things Remy had said to me. So I escaped to the pool house and hid in shame. 

Of course until Remy found me and forced me to come to dinner where he insisted that Amya eat with us. Since living here I'd always taken my dinners alone. So part of  me was thinking this was also a punishment. 

Amya thankfully acted completely normal but I couldn't help the waves of mortification that came over me when ever I glanced at her. I mean I knew I didn't really have anything to be ashamed about. Sex wasn't a taboo thing with our people but it wasn't like we have orgies everywhere or something. 

This was my home now and he was my mate. We could have sex anywhere in the house if we wanted and I shouldn't be embarrassed, but I was. 

Remy on the other hand was acting completely normal. Well I wasn't exactly positive what his normal was but I figured this was it. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of silver ware scraping plates. 

Yeah that wasn't making it any less awkward. 

"Eat." 

I jumped as Amya's sharp command. She scowled at my plate which I hadn't even noticed I'd been picking at. To wrapped up in my shame bubble I'd just been pushing food around. 

Remy scowled at my plate too and I slouched in my seat while quickly shoving a spoonful of mash potatoes in my mouth. 

Why were they so good at making me feel like I was five.

"Are you coming with us tomorrow?" Amya asked Remy taking a sip of her water. 

"Of course." He said as if that was ever in question. 

"You need to eat more my child needs it." 

"Yes Alpha." I muttered automatically. 

The growl that emitted from him had me hunching forward. His dominance pressing down on me. 

"I told you not to call me that." He snapped. 

I curled into my self even more as a whine worked up my throat against my will. 

'Hold your self together'  I scolded myself digging my nails into my palms.

Amya laid her glass down hard making my silverware rattle on the table. 

"As I believe she commented earlier today, act like a mate and she might remember to treat you like one instead of her Alpha." 

My eyes darted to her in shock and disbelief but she didn't look at me. In fact she was glaring Alp-Remy down like she was issuing a challenge. Which was insane because that would be well...insane.

 Remy growled so loud I ducked my head and covered my ears. 

Technically I had grown up in a wolf household. In a wolf community. I'd seen wolves lose their shit and try to tear each other apart but only like twice. When I was in high school. 

We were pretty civilized most of the time. Sure there was some growling and fang flashing but it wasn't really cool to wolf out in public and go at it. I wasn't use to the overbearing pressure of a Alpha's dominance. It felt like a heavy wave of heat crashing down over me again and again until I broke. 

Males had never really tried to show their dominance with me. I mean it was pointless. I couldn't really be with them. Not until my name was off the list, an I'd only seen Remy from afar at mandatory pack meetings before.