Chapter 2

I mumbled sleepily as the Alpha dressed me. My eyes closed on their own account but I was quickly woken by the feeling of a shirt being shoved over my head.

"Stand up." His tone was void of any emotion but I ignored it an did as he commanded. He roughly pulled a pair of black panties up my legs a pair of blue jeans quickly following.

Once he slipped shoes on my feet he stepped back and looked me over accessing. "You look acceptable." 

I looked up at the Alpha  I realized how small I was compared to him then. I was shorter then everyone and had accepted that but next to the Alpha I felt like a child. At 5'2 I didn't even reach past his shoulders.

It was embarrassing when people would mistake me for a 16 or 15 year old. I hoped my mate wouldn't think of me as a child seeing as he was 26.

"I tired you out didn't I?" He said softly but not a smug way.

I nodded and he gave a quiet sigh before taking my hand and guiding me out of his office. I made eye contact with his assistant and smirked feeling satisfied with myself. I would be the last girl she'd ever see enter his office. She glared at me hatred covering her face. With a turn of my head I walked out the building feeling a lot more confident then I had entering. 

Outside the building awaited a black expensive looking car. A man one of our pack opened the door for the Alpha bowing his head. 

I felt awkward as he kept his head bowed for me as I stepped into the car. 

The car ride was silent and awkward as he stayed on his phone the entire time. I soon recognized  that we were on route back to my home. Suddenly my confidence and elation deflated. Why wasn't I going back to his house? As if hearing my thoughts he spoke while continuing to text away. 

"I brought you back to your house. I have a business meeting in Japan and wont be back till next week. "

I turned my head and hid the hurt I felt. We find each other and not even hours later hes leaving me. We just found out were freaking mates and hes leaving me. Mates, the most rare and coveted thing in our society and he was acting like its nothing. Like I meant nothing. 

I nodded to myself and bite my lip to keep myself from screaming at him. So this was how he wanted to play it? Fine. 

When we arrived at the familiar blue house I'd always called home he finally looked away from his phone. "Keep your phone on you I'll call you sometime this week." 

I felt my mouth drop open. Sometime this week? Was he serious? 

Scoffing I threw open the door and climbed out. "Don't fucking bother." I spat slamming the door just in time to see his shocked expression. 

Spinning on my heel I marched across the lawn and  wasn't surprised when my brother opened the door. He frowned as the car sped away and I pushed away the hurt I felt that the alpha hadn't even tried to come after me. 

Once the car was gone I felt my anger leave me and all I was left with was hurt. Tears filled me eyes and I was unable to stop them from sliding down my cheeks. My brother quickly shut the door and pulled me into his arms. 

I had completed my duty to the pack today. 

I had fulfilled the honor every woman in our pack was given. 

An I felt disgusting. I felt like I'd been used and thrown away like trash. A whore. A breeder. 

Once my brother guided me into the living room I told him everything. Well not the sexual parts obviously. He growled when I told him about how my supposed mate was leaving me without seeming to care. "Its like he doesn't even know what a mate is. It feels like my heart is being crushed every second I'm not with him. Does he not feel it?" I asked my voice cracking.

My brother rocked me as I cried not saying a word but I could feel how tense he was. He had always protected me and I knew it killed him that I was hurting but he couldn't protect me from everything. Not from the Alpha. 

*************

"Little bird."

I blinked slightly confused by the name. Only my--

"Daddy?" I asked untangling myself from my brother. Had I cried myself to sleep?

I looked up and squealed lunching myself at my father. He chuckled and hugged me tightly kissing my forehead. My father was a large burly man with a beard that reached down his chest. For as long as I can remember he'd kept his black hair braided down his back. I  buried my face against his chest breathing in his comforting scent. 

My father had been taken off the list eight years ago allowing him to move in with us. Leon and I were the only children he'd had so it was natural for him to spoil us.

"Hows my little girl." He asked smiling brightly. My face must have showed something because his smile dimmed.

I'm the Alpha's mate." I said quietly. My fathers face contorted into a expression I'd never seen before. 

"Mate. You have a mate. Your the Alpha's mate." My father mumbled. He stood up and walked towards the window. 

"Luci I need you to listen to me very carefully. You can not tell the Alpha about your mother. I know I won't be able keep you from him but you must never discuss your mother do you understand me." 

The seriousness and urgency in his tone mad me sit up.  

"Yes of course, I promise." 

My mother had raised me and my brother until my father had been released from the list. That very same day she just left in the middle of the night. Left her clothes, her books, her paintings, everything, except a family photo that had been on her nightstand.  She had left me and Leon a letter on the kitchen table and I hadn't spoken about her since. 

Her betrayal had cut me deeper than anything I'd ever felt. Until now. 

I didn't understand why my father didn't want me talking about her but it wouldn't be an issue for me. My mother wasn't something I talked about with anyone. 

I didn't know if my parents had anything romantic. It wasn't expected of them and they'd never really acted like they were. My father however had acted hurt by her departure. Maybe he was embarrassed about her abandoning his children. However it didn't look like he was going to answer my now. 

"The Alpha is a hard man to understand and I want you to be careful around him. Careful with your heart. He's not going to be a good mate." 

*******

I breathed in a deep breath as I laid in the traditional bath all women took after their first time. It was suppose to heal and promote our health. It was suppose to help us get pregnant. 

Something I wasn't sure I wanted. Not even for the fate of our species but if I was pregnant I wanted to make sure everything was okay. 

My father had left after basically confirming my fears leaving me to my own devices. Figuring I mind as well finish the ceremony I drew the bath and poured in the ingredients. Taking a deep breath I cleared my mind. 

I dreamed of sunlight and happiness. I dreamed of children's laughter and warm hugs. I dreamed of a life I wasn't sure I would every earn. 

A sharp knock on the door jerked me awake causing water to slosh over the side. My eyes widen in horror as I took in the bathroom that was now covered completely in ice. My breath came out in little puffs. I shakily climbed to my feet trembling all over. 

"Stop it!" I whispered my fear closing my throat. 

Instantly the ice faded and then it was like nothing happened. Maybe I'd imagined it. 

"Hey Luci  you okay?" 

"Y-Yeah fine I'll be out in a minute." 

Climbing out the tub I quickly grabbed a towel and dried off. 

"Dinner is ready when your done. Dad made your favorite." 

"Okay thanks." I rasped staring at myself in the mirror. 

It had only been hours since my virginity had been taken but it felt like days. I was not the same girl who'd left the house this morning.