Chapter 4

Just a little bit further and we'd be out the store. Almost there, I groaned internally as my muscles shook with the strain of moving a 800 pound wolf. Okay he wasn't 800 pounds but it felt like it.

The wall of ice was holding so far thank god but I could see it start to crack. Today was not the day I was going to die. I hadn't fallen in love yet. I hadn't experienced the joy of being a mother. Hell I hadn't even seen outside of this state. Didn't I deserve to see some of our great nation before I died? Or like maybe just the next city over?

Just as I managed to get Wyatt outside and half way down the sidewalk two black SUV's came racing down the road and came to a screeching to stop in front of us. Oh thank goddess.

Men poured out of the cars armed to the teeth with guns bigger then I'd ever seen. Some of them pulsed with an weird red glow that I'd never seen before. Were those guns just for witches? Now that knew help had finally arrived I felt the last of my energy fade away. Light headed I slumped to the ground panting.

"Luci!"

A shifter I'd never seen before was crouched next too me holding a phone to his ear. He placed his hand against my fur and I yelped as a shocking amount of pain raced through me. Suddenly the world was spinning around me and all I wanted to do was puke. How hard had I hit that bookshelf?

Against my will I felt the change take over and I cried out as my human skin scrapped against the sidewalk. Yeah I had definitely broken something, or a lot of things. The adrenaline must have masked the pain. Some one picked me up quickly and rushed me into one of the cars but not before I glimpsed Wyatt in his human form being dragged away by two men.

He was going to be okay, I just knew it.

The man who had carried me into the car was a stranger to me but he smelt like the familiar scent of pack.

"The witches.." I rasped.

"We got it taken care of Luci just relax for me okay? We're going to get you to a healer and we've already contacted Alpha."

"He's coming?" I asked dazed then almost smacked myself. Of course he would come, witches had invaded his territory. He wasn't coming because of me.

"Wyatt he's going to get help too right?"

"Yes everything is going to be fine."

Yeah he was right everything was going to be fine. I just felt guilty Wyatt had been hurt because of me. An the witches had been there because of me, I just didn't know why.

It was maybe 10 minutes later before the car stopped and the shifter rushed me into a large dark building that smelled of flowers. I coughed as we entered and felt my mouth fill with the disgusting flavor of blood. Well that couldn't be good.

I my eyes widen as I took in the sight of the mini jungle that was being held inside of the unassuming grey building. It was like a whole other world. I could even hear the faint sound of a stream and wouldn't be surprised to see it curling through the large space.

"Jade!" The shifter yelled his tone urgent. His tone sparked worry in me. How bad did I look?

If I hadn't been held in the arms of this man I would have probably fell as at the sight of the woman who stepped- no glided out from behind a tree. Her eyes like her namesake shined the brightest jade green I'd ever seen. Her beauty was fierce and otherworldly that it took my breath.

A fae.

Fae generally didn't leave their realm. We were children in their ancient eyes and didn't like to interfere in the mortal realms business. The fae that did live here were extremely wealthy, extremely elusive, and extremely picky on who they chose to help. They generally didn't help anyone.