ⅤⅠⅠⅠ: The Hostile Hospital-edited

For Beatrice-
Summer without you is as cold as Winter.
Winter without you is even colder.

Fortunately, the orphans had gotten far away from where they once were. Unfortunately, their firetruck had run out of gas. "Last Chance General Store." Ana read whilst holding Sunny. "That's an ominous name." "It probably just means it's the only building in miles," Violet assured. "I guess our last chance is better than no chance," Klaus said as he walked closer, Violet and Ana close in toe.

Anastasia took note of the paper on the ground. "Should we really go inside?" The paper beneath them had mugshots of all four of them with a headline stating "Murderers on the Lam", Lam of course meaning, "on the run from governmental figures". "If anyone has read the paper, they'll know we're criminals on the lam." Ana pointed out. "If we keep wandering, we'll die of thirst and/or exposure." "And/or Count Olaf."

The children walked in noticing all the clutter around them. "We were hoping to send a telegram." Immediately the owner popped up from behind the counter. "Take a right at the brooms, and a left at the fishing poles. Have I seen you kids before, you look very familiar?" "We're child actors." Klaus sputtered. "No, it's not that. It'll come to me."

Violet, Ana, and Klaus argued about who they should send the message to until they finally made a decision. "Mr. Poe might think we're murderers, but his secretary doesn't." "Klaus, you'll type out the words, I'll dictate, Sunny you'll listen to make sure the message goes, and Ana, do you mind being the look out?" "Oh, yeah, ok." Ana spoke before standing off to the side watching the store. 

"What should we say?" "To Mulctuary Money Management. Stop. Attention, Mr. Poe. Stop-" Violet didn't get to finish her sentence, when she heard a slight muffled scream, and the man they dreaded most appeared behind an unconscious Ana. "Stop." Klaus looked to where his sister was looking at, and he didn't see who he hoped he would, but instead, it was Olaf. "Hello, hello, hello." 

"Ana! Ana! Sir, sir we need help!" Klaus rushed as he and his sisters scurried to find a place to hide. They barely made it out of the shop, without being caught, thankfully because Count Olaf can't manage to walk through beads without getting tangled in it. They made it outside and hid behind a wall, when they noticed the theater troupe right outside. "Where the HELL did Ana go!" Klaus whispered and yelled to his sister. "I think Count Olaf took her." "Oh you THINK, he did! Well I don't see her with us, and the fact he is here instead raises a lot of red flags!" The boy said anxiously.

"Klaus, look." Violet pointed out the van painted with V.F.D on it. "We still don't know what it means. A-and we can't leave without Ana." "Klaus, what choice do we have? We can't go back there." Violet reasoned. The Baudelaires made their way, with Klaus reluctantly following. Once they make it to the van the doors swing open, "Ah, volunteers? Hop on in!" Once they got in, Klaus could only hope Ana was ok.

She wasn't.

Currently, Ana had her hands and feet tied, and was in the trunk of Count Olaf's car.

"Are you V.F.D?" Klaus asked while the group of adults only smiled at them. "We certainly are." "Can you tell us what VFD stands for?" "We certainly can." They began singing a song about what their version of VFD stands for, it stood for Volunteers Fighting Diseases. It didn't really help the Baudelaires. "We are looking for a group called VFD, we just don't think you are the right one." "What you need to find is the Library of Records. It's an enormous library with files from all over the world, containing answers to any question you may possibly have."

Once they arrived at the Heimlich Hospital, they were met with a half built hospital, so it wasn't entirely safe.  "I've never liked hospitals." "It's technically half of one." Violet jokes. "We just have to get to the Library of Records before Olaf does." "But we need to stay long enough so we can save Ana." Klaus added.