Chapter 15: Tears and Tony

Riley's POV

"May, I take your order?"

My throat gets really dry, "Um...yeah..."

Tony laughs, "Any day now ma'am." I squint my eyes in confusion, "M--ma'am?" He smiles, "Yeah, I can all are female customers ma'am...unless you hiding something." He winks, "I'm just messing with ya' but seriously. I have other customers, so can you please speed up the process."

"T--Tony?"

He looks at his name tag, "Oh, the name tag. Yeah, I'm Tony. Can you please order now, so I can take other customer's orders. Sorry to be rude, but I'm just doing my job."

Why doesn't he recognize me? He put me through all this pain and suffering, and he never had the audacity to even apologize. I'm going to keep pushing it until he remembers me.

"No, I didn't read you name tag. Tony, it's me...Riley."

He shakes his head, "Riley? I'm sorry, I don't know a Ri---Oh my God..." His eyes get wide, I nod my head. Then he did the most horrid thing he could ever do. 

He whispered, that voice paralyzed my body. And it was bringing back horrible memories for me.

"I'm so sorry, I need to apologize properly but not here or now..."

I shake, "I--I don't know...just get me red velvet pancakes so I can get out of here." He nods, and does what he is told. I grab the pancakes, and run back to the hospital.

*

*

*

When I get back, Liam is awake. He looks like he has been crying, I put the pancake aside and talk to him.

"Liam, what's wrong?"

He shakes his head, "I--I did it again..." I look at his arms, and he cut again. I don't understand what is going through Liam's mind, so  I can't fully help him. But I want to, I just want to hug him and tell him everything will be alright, but I know it won't be.

I look at him, "Why?" He shrugs, "I just needed it..." I shake my head, "You don't need to to this..." He nods, "I do, I love the way it feels. Riley you don't understand, I enjoy watching the blood drip..." I cringe, "Liam---"

"Riley, promise me that you won't tell the other guys."

"I can't keep secrets from you friends Liam." He shakes his head, "Please..." As much as I hate doing this, I nod my head. 

"Thank you, I'll get the help I swear."

I open my mouth to tell Liam about Tony, but he isn't in the right state to deal with this added stress so I shut my mouth. Liam looks at me, "What is it Riley?" I shake my head. "Nothing."

"Riley, something is up. I can see it in your eyes." 

"Liam, I said it's nothing so drop it." 

"Riley--"

"Liam, I said drop it. So drop jeez..." He slumps back, "Sorry...can I still have the pancakes you brought?"

I smile and sigh, Liam can be super adorable at times. "Yeah you can." He grins slightly, but then it disappears, "W--why won't you tell me what's wrong?" That's when I loose it, "I am getting tired of dealing with this Payne, you know what? I can't take this anymore, you figure yourself out then come talk to me."

I don't  know why I said it, but when I see tears swell in Liam eyes I feel guilty. Liam is innocent and fragile, and I need to remember that. When I open my mouth to apologize, Liam does the worst thing he could ever do to me.