Chapter 2- Riley

Riley's POV

“Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!”

My brother James comes in, “What are you oh my goshing about?”

“Don’t freak out but, Zayn Malik from One Direction mentioned me and followed me on Twitter, and on top of that he sent me a DM and told me I was beautiful and that he likes talking to me!” I say with a huge smile on my face.

My brother just shrugs, “Um, am I supposed to be happy, or exicted? And who’s Zayn?”

I nod my head, “BOTH! Zayn Malik is from the biggest boy band in the entire world! How do you not know that, have you been living under a rock?”

He chuckles, “Maybe, anyways—I just came to say good night.”

I smile, “Night James, see you in the morning.”

I suddenly get add to contact list request on Skype, but this person doesn’t have their name just VasHappenin’ then another notification pops on my screen,

VasHappenin' wants to video chat with you

I raise my eyebrow, I look through my contact list, and didn't see the name, but I press except anyway. When I do, I swear I think I see Liam Payne and Zayn Malik on my screen smiling at me, but it can't be right, the only people who video chat me is my older brother, and my two best friends from Texas. I open my mouth but no words come out. 

“Hi, Zayn, L—Liam??”

They both smile and wave, but then Zayn smiles even wider, “Wow, you’re even prettier in person—well not really in person but face to face, so—vas happenin’?”

I can't help but laugh, “I’m good—great actually. I’m surprised too, I didn’t think we’d actually talk again, I thought it was just a onetime DM or something…”

He looks at me closely, “I really like talking to you, and Liam insisted.”

I look at Liam who is blushed, and smiled shyly when I smile at him; I bit my lip when I look into his brown eyes. He looked so adorable in his grey hoodie and snapback. I shake myself, “So what are you boys up to.”

Zayn smiles widely, “Going to party hard at the club, at least Harry, Louis, Niall, and I are.”

I look confused, "What about you Liam?" He shakes his head, 

“Liam is being a poopey head, and doesn't want to hang out with us.” He sticks he tongue out at Liam, and I start to giggle, I never saw Zayn as the one to joke around. He looks at his phone and frowns,

“Damn, the boys want to leave now—I don’t want to now that I’m talking to you.”

I smile at him, “It’s fine with me, go ahead—have fun! Just promise me that we’ll actually get to talk longer next time.”

He smiles, and nods his head, “I promise, I really want to get to know you more Riley. But before I go—VAS HAPPENIN’?”

I giggle and shake my head, Zayn waves and walks away. Liam smiles at Zayn and waves, “Haha, bye Zayn, I love you.”

I hear Zayn’s faint voice in the background, “I love you too—I love you forever.” That’s when Liam turned to me, and there is a long and awkward silence. I smile at Liam to ease the awkwardness, but he just blushes and looks down, making it even more awkward.

“How are you and Danielle?” I say to start up a conversation, and hopefully turn down the awkwardness between us.

I see tears forming in his eyes, and he shakes his head. I feel so bad, I didn't mean for him to cry, “Liam are you okay—is there something wrong?”