Chapter 7- Slipping Under

Liam's POV

I hear Niall talking to Riley; I stand by the door quietly as I hear the conversation. James walks behind me, “Hey, man aren't you going in?”

 I push him away from the door, “Shh…” He raises his eyebrow, but then shrugs, he listens in with me.

Niall looks at Riley, “But the question is are you in love with Liam or Zayn...or are you in love with Liam AND Zayn.”

"I heard that if you fall in love with two people; choose the second because you that truly means you didn't love the first one to begin with, and my heart is saying Liam—I think I love him.”

I smile widely, and apparently Niall notices me at the door, because he grins, as he looks in the door way. Riley notices me there too, and turns red, “Uh, I didn't know you were standing there.”

I step in and smile at her, “I love you Riley, I really do.”

She tries to sit up; I rush toward her and help her. She sighs, “Liam, I am so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking or why I did it. I know how you feel, because when Zayn sat next to the gorgeous blonde girl my heart sank, but it didn't feel as worse when I saw the look on your face when I did the same thing to you. Liam, please forgive me…I can never be happy knowing that you haven't forgiven me.”

That's when I pulled her in and put my lips toward hers, but that's when I stopped and backed away.  James and Niall went crazy, “C'mon man!”

I shook my head, “I—I can’t. I’m sorry…”

Riley bit her lip and looked down, “It's me isn't it? How stupid was I to think that after what I did to you, you'd take me back. That someone as amazing as you would even consider being with me.”

“It's not that, Riley you are the amazing one. I'm the wreck, look at me. I'm the guy who shaved his head, got tattoos, and cut himself because no one loved me anymore.” I said sadly.

That's when she realizes that my arm was wrapped, “Liam is this because…?”

I just nod my head, and drop my head.

“Is—is this because…?”

She shakes a bit and continues, “Why—why—why!? Liam why must you do this yourself, huh? Why? Liam listen to me, I am sorry for making you do this. Okay? I am sorry, just please stop doing this to yourself. Please!?”

She puts her face in her hands and sobs, “I can't believe I made you resort back to this. TWICE! Liam, promise me you'll stop.”

I shake my head, “Riley, I—”

But then Riley cuts me off, “NO, Liam you have to promise me.”

I sigh, “Riley, I—”

Tears started to swell her eyes, “Liam please, please promise me that you'll never—that you’ll never do this to yourself again…?” As her voice breaks at the last please tears fall freely from her eyes.

I calm her down, “Riley, I promise that I will never hurt myself, as long as I have you.”

Riley smiles, and opens her mouth to say something, but that's when Niall and James belt out an, “Aww!” I roll my eyes, and Riley chuckles.

*

*

*

Riley's POV

It's been a couple of weeks, and I still haven't been able to move my legs. I'm starting to lose hope, everyday Liam comes, and he helps me through therapy. He has yet to lose hope. My nurse comes in,