Car Talk

Hardin's POV

Mine and Tessa's relationship is currently on its last legs. Just recently I've been considering ending are relationship for once and all and to be honest I think that Tessa's been thinking the same thing. It fucking pains me to even think about not waking up next to Tessa each and every morning but I'm starting to think that may be the best idea. I know that I will never find anyone as perfect and wonderful as Tess but ever since I found out... ever since I found out about. I cant even say his name without feeling like breaking something or killing him. Ever since I found out about him I've not been able to look at Tessa the same. I know that she can sense that somethings wrong. I don't think she knows what. Actually I know she doesn't know I know or even suspect that I know. I found out just before the miscarriage and so in a certain way the miscarriage was an amazing thing for me because I could pretend that I was crying about the loss of are baby when in fact I was crying about something completely different. I did grieve over the baby but not nearly as much as everybody thinks. Nobody knows about this and I intend to keep it that way. Even when I break up with Tessa I wont tell them why because there as much her family as they are mine. I don't want to destroy her relationship with them even if this is the worst thing she could of possibly done to me. Here I am downing another bottle of whiskey. I don't normally drink this much for I don't want Tessa to suspect anything but today I don't give a crap. I reach into my back pocket to grab my car keys. I walk out off the small, shitty bar and open up my car. As I get in I realise how surreal this all is. Fuck its like I'm reliving my child hood but from a different POV. My dads POV. Seriously get a child and we're repeating fucking history. 

I twist my car keys and start the car. It starts beeping at me and I wonder why but when I look to the side of me I notice the door is still wide open so of course I close it. I decide to pull over at the side of the road because I'm getting beeped at a lot for all my swerving going on as well as the fact that I think I'm about be sick. I quickly open up the door and I'm sick all over the pavement. I realise that driving back home probably isn't the best idea and so I decide to call Landon and ask if he can come and pick me up. I get back into my car to get my phone and call my fake brother.

I hit call and like always Landon answers on the second beep.

'hi Hardin, what is it?' he asks                                                                                                                                            

 'hey fake brother. You know Landon's a very peculiar name.' I say in a slur                                                

  'Are you drunk?' He shouts down the line                                                                                                                   

'Hay! Don't accuse me of being dru,' I stop abruptly as I nearly fall back. At least now I know I'm know longer a raging alcoholic. I start laughing like crazy whilst he asks his next question                

 'Where are you?' He questions sounding really serious.                                                                                        

'So many questions,' I mutter become angry. I think I may of said that too soon. I'm still an angry alcoholic by the looks of things.      

'Hardin,' he says sternly.