Chapter 27- The Big Slip

Pain's Worth It

°°Qua'sean POV°°

---------------

Midnight stopped calling and checking up on me, but she calls everyone else. She doesn't answer my texts or calls and I feel like its something I did wrong, but I don't know what I did.

It's Christmas week though, so Toni and I are going Christmas shopping while the kids stay home with Jacob. We went to Target, but I couldn't really think straight. She was throwing things in the cart that was in her list with a smile on her face while I was stuck in my own frustration.

"Qua' sean, why you so upset?" She stopped her cart.

I shrugged "Did Midnight say anything about me in her last calls? Did I do something to her?"

"Oooh, that's what this is all about. Why don't you call her and ask her?"

I crossed my arms under my chest "You don't think I did that? I been trying to contact her for the past two weeks now and it ain't a joke. What I do?"

"Call her and find out" she handed me her phone.

I took it and pressed 'Call', it began ringing then, finally, she answered.

"Toni, I'm busy. I'm in the middle of a photo shoot"

I cleared my throat "Its me... Q. Are you mad at me?"

It was silent for a moment before I got a reply "No" she said dryly.

"Then why don't you answer my calls or text? You can talk to me"

She huffed "I don't want to talk to you that's why. Bye" she hung up.

I nodded and handed Toni back her phone "Ugh" I rubbed my eyes "Thanks"

"What she say?" She shoved it in her pocket.

"Ugh, She's sorry and she'll call me back later. Yeah." I chuckled "Ugh...Lyric requested anything on that list?"

She handed it over to me and I ripped the bottom half out since that was Lyric's list. We didn't part ways, but we were in out own clouds. I got one of the employees helping me around the store while Toni magically found everything she needed.

The employee kept bugging me since she figured out who I was under that hoodie and nerd glasses.

"Ssh, don't blow my cover"

"I'm just so excited!" Everyone looked at her then she giggled "Am I that loud?"

I nodded "I just need to buy these things for my girl can be happy. So please do your job and help me. I'll give you a hug, photograph, autograph, anything as long as I can get out of here"

"When did you make it to Miami?"

I huffed "A month ago" I looked at the list "Next item, Baker I See, what the hell?"

She walked right up to it "Here you go"

I took it and looked at it "Don't they mean EasyBake oven? They plagiarizing"

She laughed "You're so silly" she ran her hand over my sleeve "And muscular"

I slowly moved away as I frowned at the next item on the list "Knife set?"

"Knife set? Okay" she looked unsure. "The play knives or kitchen knives?"

"Play knives... She's two, of course, and if you can find a police kit, get that too, that's a she wants"