Cɦaքtɛʀ 19- Aɢaɨռst Yօʊ

Paɨռ's Wօʀtɦ It.

Tɦɨs ɨs aռ aռօռʏʍօʊs ċɦaքtɛʀ. Nօ speakers' ռaʍɛ աɨʟʟ ɮɛ ʀɛʋɛaʟɛɖ.
__________________
Narrator's POV
__________________

Tonight wasn't like every other night out in the big city, tonight was the night that twenty girls gathered together to bring down the one person they loathed: Midnight.

The 27th of each month they'd meet in a secret location before eleven and just find ways to bring down Midnight.

They all walked into their secret sorority. The leader of the pact stood in front of them on a cinder block to get their attention.

"Sisters, we all are here for the same reason as always. For the past six years, we've been trying mighty hard and now, now! I can see success at the door" she smiled with her hands raised to the ceiling.

She cleared her throat "Let us be blessed as we say our pledge"

They placed the flag over a fire and one of the sisters stood with a picture in her hand.

"Tonight we come as one, to destroy the foul then carry on. We lift the name of Midnight Washington to see her fall and crippled all again. With no help we pray onto you, Lucifer the great and may you take our flesh today"

The girl let the picture burn into the fire then another girl was walking around with a bowl. She gave each girl the knife and placed the bowl under their wrists as they gave a minor sacrifice to their god.

They poured some of the blood onto the fire, causing it to die out.

"On your knees. Now!" She looked over all the girls. "You... Come here..."

A scrawny light skinned girl, with jet black hair, walked in her presence.

"Sister" she bowed before her.

The leader dipped her hands into the bowl of blood then put a cross on the girl's forehead then passed it on her lips.

"Everything you say must be pure or you will rot with her... Do you understand... Sister?"

She nodded "Yes" she got on her knees "I was snooping around the neighborhood like always and I stumbled upon a house... I picked the lock and when I walked in, I saw her photos. I started to take some things that looked as they were of value, but at the night, at the night was when I heard people home and I came across the door they were in..."

The girl started to fiddle with her fingers and her eyes started to wander all over the place.

"Are you going to speak up?" The leader leaned towards the girl. "Speak!" She slapped her and the girl started to tremble.

She sighed "I heard them talking about a baby and Midnight said that she was happy she didn't get an abortion because the little girl makes her happy and that she needed to tell him that he was the father. That's all I heard. I swear"

She scratched her hair "Who's he? They didn't say any names?"

"No, not one name at all. They didn't say the guy's name or the baby's name" she stood up "That is all"

She stood up too "I need you to get close to Midnight... Especially cause you live in Miami. I'm glad you made it to Cali"

She went back to her spot and another girl came to her presence.

"What's your story?"

She cleared her throat "Well, I speak to Toni and we went to a party. She get drunk and she tell me that Midnight pregnant again" she said in her accent.