Prologue

The dark green foliage is silent allowing a single sound to fill the air. Clumping of hooves many would believe as some hoofed animal. Hoofed indeed but an animal, not so much. Leaves flatten under two brown hooves bursting from a bush. The branches are silently and gently pushed apart to make room for brown fur. Long soft ears flicker and swivel to listen beyond a normal human or dwarf can.

"This is not good at all." Honey eyes follow the rushing small brown elf with some white bird poo along his hair. Fear and worry gleamed in his eyes and his mind was more preoccupied with the fallen animals along the path. "Oh, Sebastien."

The name turns something in the creature's chest and a snort catches the short man's attention. His blue eyes widen in fear but when noticing the long horns curled, he relaxes.

"Iris, please hurry inside. It is not safe." The creature steps further out from the tree shadows and into the beaming sunlight. Three feet taller than the man, she flickers her and nods. Long furry legs stretch as she leaps off to the hut where the man follows. Clomping and flowing elegantly in her long stride jumps, she enters the hut.

She presses her back to the wall watching mice scurry with the man trying with every method to try and help the hedgehog suffering under some ill sickness. A disgusting foul stench enters her brown deer-shaped nose. Curling her fingers into fists, she stands alert when she sees the shadows shape spiders.

"Radaghast." She calls, silk voice calling to the muttering wizard. He is using his magic to help Sebastien. The more he rolls his eyes back and mutters, drawing out his voice, the spiders take advantage to puff their legs in the hay roof.

The air shifts back to peace as Radaghast finishes his spell and sucks out the poison from the hedgehog. The wizard scurries over handing the hedgehog to her before exiting to follow the spiders. She smiles down at the hedgehog and pets his little head.

"Glad for you to be back. Stay with your friends here and rest." She places the adorable creature on the table where the other hedgehogs are. "I will go check with Rad."

Running off she takes four big strides with her long legs before standing beside the worried wizard. Watching the spiders scurry off, a small bird chirps at them. They listen in to where the spiders came from. The old fortress.

"Show me." The birds fly off and Radaghast begins following but stops. He turns to look at the female behind him. He has no doubt she can handle the old fortress, but he has another he wishes for her to find. "Iris, I need you to find Gandalf and inform him of this development. Stay with him till I come to find you and him. Please."

"As you wish Rad." He nods scurrying to his rabbits leaving the forest creature to take her own path.

Leaping off, her hooves clomp and dig in the soil as she runs with great elegance and speed to find another wizard. She allows the wood spirits of the trees to inform her of where the grey wizard is. She just hopes her guardian is alright by going to the fortress.