01

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked disappointedly

Theodore was surprised that his wife wasn't acting afraid or feeling betrayed.

"... I was afraid that you'd leave me. That you'd stop loving me. That you'd hate me." Theo admitted.

His confession had caused her to reflect on their lives together. Wondering if everything was a lie.

~

The lovers had met in highschool. Although YN had met Elliot first, it was Theodore who managed to steal her heart.

He seemed to be able to read her every need and desire as if she were an open book. And as an orphaned girl, she had way too many. Theodore had willingly fulfilled any and all of her cravings for love, comfort and happiness.

Ultimately, Theodore too did want those things for her and for her to always feel those things. Of course his YN deserved all good things.

He had gotten her pregnant at the young age of 20 and didn't seem to mind being bound to her for life. In a desperate time of her feeling afraid of her incompetence as a mother to feed her in-coming baby as a mere part timer worker, Theodore never abandoned her like she expected him to.

Despite being from a rich society, he stayed with her. And together, they brought the lives of their fraternal twins into the world, Ezio and Arlo. Their children whom she loved dearly, more than her life itself.

All this time Theodore had loved her unconditionally and raised their children well alongside her. She wouldn't have expected for such a gentle and loving man to secretly be one of the most, if not the most, feared men in the world.

~

No matter how hard she tried, YN could not stop loving Theo. At this point, they were beyond the point of betrayal.

They have children together. They are bound for life. Theo has blessed her with way too many blessings for her to come to hate him.

In the end, it was always like this. The couple could never have an argument that lasted too long. As either partner would usually give in easily or YN would just be as understanding as she usually is and end the argument.

Her two little boys. Although not so little anymore, she'd do anything to keep them safe and happy. Now that she knew what her husband was capable of, she'd do anything, if not for her husband, for her children.

The fact that Theodore was a mafia boss, she didn't know whether to feel comforted that he would be able to keep their family safe, or feel disgusted that she was now connected to such a vile underworld.

"...I could never hate you Theo." She mumbled, ending her train of thoughts.

Hearing her words, Theo sat himself next to her on the couch. Positioning himself so that he was facing her. He held onto her hands.

"I'm just disappointed that you didn't even give me a chance to understand you…" She took her hands from him and caressed his face sadly.

"No matter what you do or how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to hate you Theo. You are everything I could've asked for in a husband, as a lover."

Theo felt relieved that his worries of his wife coming to hate him were not true and he was already planning on informing his personal assistant, Lee, to reinstate all of YN's former properties as hers again.

"I love you Theo. I love you so much that you being a part of this… mafia… won't change the Theo I know and love." She smiled weakly.

She realized then, how weak and fragile she was in front of her husband and family. She learnt how they never seemed to care about this and how they loved and cared for her nonetheless.

Theodore wrapped her in his arms. She buried her face in his chest. He rested his chin on her head.

"Thank you YN… I'm so sorry for disappointing you. It won't happen again." His voice rumbled in his chest as he spoke.

"... I do have some questions though." His wife spoke with her cheek pressed against his chest.

"I will answer anything truthfully. I promise." He finally felt the burden of his wife not knowing about his true identity lifting off of his shoulders.

He felt free.

"Did your father allow and approve of this right hand man murdering my parents?" Theo could feel her grip tighten anxiously on his shirt.

Although she's never met his parents, she still had hope in the past for their approval and fondness of her. But now, the answer to this question would determine if she even wanted to get to know his parents.

"...My father was not aware when the murders had happened. His right hand man had done it more out of loyalty to my father rather than an order from him."

His answer had caused her to release a breath that she didn't know she was holding in. Relief washed over her. That meant that she didn't have to hold a grudge or hate her husband's father.

"So this right hand man… Is he alive?" She thought it necessary to ask the status of the man's wellbeing since life in the mafia world was dangerous. Not that she cared for the man who murdered her parents.

"Yes he is. Why are you curious about another man?" Theo asked, curious but slightly jealous that his beloved wife was thinking of another man.

"Nothing. I was just wondering if I could meet him. I have… unfinished business with that piece of shit." She muttered with a solemn expression.

Theo was silently surprised. He had never heard his wife curse like that before. It turned him on slightly.

 It turned him on slightly