pt. 29

el's pov:

"hey girls- oh my goodness, max what happened?" joyce asked as she got out of her car. "some dumb driver ran over he skateboard.." i told joyce in a sad tone. "aww i'm so sorry max, how about we can buy you a new one at the mall?" joyce suggested. once again max nodded slowly. "how about we go out those inside and we can go, alright?" i asked her. she nodded again, and i walked towards the front door and opened it. "you first." i told her as i held the door open for her. she slightly smiled as she walked inside and placed the broke peices of her skateboard down on the ground. "it's going to be okay- i promise you." i told her as i grabbed her hand and squeezed it. she smiled more and nodded.

~

"so where do you two want to go get breakfast?" joyce asked us as she pulled out of my driveway. i looked over at max and then spoke. "whatever max wants." i told her. joyce looked over her shoulder her, waiting for an answer. "uhm.. we could go to bennys burgers? i heard he upped the menu to breakfast foods." max told us. "okay, to benny's burgers it is then." i told joyce. she smiled and nodded as she continued to drive.

a few minutes passed of comeplete silence, other then joyce kept looking at us every so often in the rear view mirror and smiling to herself. i thought it was a bit odd, but i didn't mind. joyce broke the silence by clearing her throat and then speaking. "so.. how long have you two been friends?" she asked us. i glanced over at max as i spoke. "we met at summer camp a few weeks ago. i thought i told you this?" i asked her. "no, you did. i was just asking again." joyce answered as she turned into bennys burgers parking lot.

as she told me that, i immediately felt confused. i didn't know what joyce had mean by 'i was just asking again'. like what was that supposed to mean!?

i unbuckled my seatbelt, and opened up the car door and got out. i walked towards the entrance of benny's burgers with max and joyce beside me. "here let me get it-" max said as she opened the door for me. "thanks." i smiled as i walked in with joyce behind me. max followed us, as we walked up to the counter. a middle aged man with a long brown beard and a shaved head walked out. "good moring ladies, what can i get you three today?" he asked us. "do you have pancakes?" joyce asked him. "yes indeed we do!" he answered as he softly smiled. "great then can we have three things of pancakes then?" she asked. i was about to speak but the max spoke. "el like waffles." she told joyce.

joyce looked a little taken aback from what max had just told her, but she smiled and turned back around to benny. "actually two things of pancakes and one thing of waffles please." she corrected herself. "okay, comming right up. you can go take a seat over there." benny told us as he pointed to an empty table. "thankyou!" joyce thanked him as she walked towards the table with me and max following her.

we sat down at the table, me and max beside eachother, and joyce across from us. joyce took off her purse and set it down on the chair next to her as she spoke. "so.. i was wondering if you girls have any colour or flower suggestions?" she asked us. "uhm- we'll do you want a traditional wedding, or something more your style?" max asked her. "i was thinking something a little more my style, just because i'm not a big fan of white tie events." joyce answered max. "so does that mean we can get whatever colour dresses we want?" max asked her with an excited look on her face. she hesitated for a second, but then nodded. "yes! thank you! you are the best!" i told joyce. she smiled and then spoke.

"like i said before, it's a small event and we're not inviting too many people, so if you girls want you can invite somebody," she told us. "maybe a boyfriend perhaps if you girls have them.." she told us in a slightly awkward tone. i looked over at max kinda shocked not knowing what to say. "uhm- no.. max doesn't have a boyfriend, and you know i broke up with mike." i told her. she nodded slowly as she started to speak again. "so are you girls daiting anybody at all? maybe somebody you just met?" she asked us. again i looked over at max with a shocked expression not knowing what to say next.