pt. 15

el's pov:

i stand up and practically run over to max with a smile on my face "hi.." i wisper. "hi.." max whispers back with a smile on her face. "do you guys wanna play d&d with us?" lucas offers as he walks back over to the table. max looks at them, and then back to me and then politely declines. "no thanks, we're good." max says softly. "yeah we're fine." i say as i glance at max's lips remembering what they feel like against mine. "uh i brought some comics, do you wanna read them like before?" max suggests as she takes out a few comics from her bag. "yeah, that sounds good." i say as i take my eyes off her lips.

"i also brought the 2nd part of the comic we were reading the other day." max tells me as we sit down on mikes sofa. i nod but stay silent. "you okay el?" max asks me as she looks down at me. "did i get you in trouble?" i nervously ask her. max sighed and then speaks. "there was screaming, crying, but there was also hugging." max tells me with a small smile. "so she's not mad at you?" i ask max still feeling nervous and guilty. "well kinda, she is disappointed which sucks, but at least she's not kicking me out like my step dad would have." max says. "i really don't like your stepdad." i tell her. "yeah, me neither. i'm glad he's gone now." max says.

"are you guys sure you don't wanna play?" lucas offers again. "we're fine. we're gonna read." i tell him. he sighs and then goes back to playing the game. "i'm gonna read the 2nd part first, okay?" max tells me. "thankgod because it left on a cliff hanger." i say as i scoot as close to max as i can. a slight smile appears on her face and she looked slightly shocked as i slightly leaned my head on her shoulder. "uhm okay so i can just read it outloud this time?" max asks. i nod while smiling and then she begins to read the comic.

~

"AND THE DEMIGORGAN BITES YOUR ARM AHH YOU SCREAM IN PAIN." mike screams. "SHUT UP!" max screams at him. mike whips his head around and glares at her. "you shut up max! i don't even know why your here! nobody invited you!" mike tells her. "actually el and will did." max tells mike. he rolls his eyes again and turns back the game. "god he's so boring!" max complains as she sets the comic down. "yeah, boring!" i say with a smirk and trying not to laugh. "so what do you all wanna do because it's boring watching you guys play d&d for hours on end." max tells them. "uh why don't we go to the mall?" lucas suggests. "yeah that sounds fun!" i tell them.

"whatever." mike groans. "alright, can we play d&d later then?" will asks while standing up. "yeah sure." dustin says while also standing up. we all walk upstairs, and outside and max, dustin, lucas, and mike all grab their bikes as me and will stand there awkwardly because we got driven to mikes house. "el why don't you ride on the back of my bike?" mike suggests. "erm-" i stutter before max cuts me off. "it's okay, el you can get on the back of my bike." she suggests. i smile and nod as i walk over to her bike, and sit behind her. mike scoffs, and then will spoke. "mike can i bike with you?" will awkwardly asks.

"uh yeah sure man." mike says as will slightly smiles and gets on. i place my hands around max's waist and immediately get butterflies and my heart started to beat a million miles an hour. "u-uh you ready?" max asks in a nervous tone. "yeah i'm ready." i told her. i slightly smiled and held back laughter at the thought that she was really nervous because my hands were in her waist. for whatever reason it just made her 1000x cuter when she was flustered.

we all biked down the road, and towards the mall, and mike, dustin, and lucas we're all racing, will was screaming his head off telling mike to slow down, vs me and max were going at normal pase just giggling at them.

~

"so where do you guys wanna go first?" dustin asked as he loked up his bike. "el do you wanna go shopping?" max suggested. "yeah sure!" i said with a smile. "okay, let's go!" max said as she grabbed my hand and ran into the mall, leaving all four boys behind. "so where too first?" max asked. i spun around in a circle, looking at everything in the mall, and then i felt max grab my hand again and start rubbing, so i followed her.