pt. 24

el's pov:

"hi dad!" i called out as i ran into the living room. "hey el! how was the sleepover?" he asked as he looked up from his news paper. "it was really fun! oh actually can max come over tonight please?" i asked him. he sighed and then spoke. "and just so we're clear max is a girl right?" he asked. i nodded. "okay sure, but joyce and will are staying for dinner again okay?" he told me. "okay, max is gonna be here just before dinner so maybe around 4:30!" i told him before going upstairs to my bedroom. i opened my bedroom door, and saw will sitting on my bed reading a comic. "hey hopper said yes to max staying over so i need to clean my room." i told him as i started to pick up some clothes off the ground. "oo really?" will asked with a slight smirk on his face. "uh yeah? what's so weird about that?" i asked him as i straightened a few books in my bookshelf. "nothing- can i stay here? i don't want to have to listen to my mom and your dad flirting like always." he told me as he continued to read his comic. "ew, i completely understand." i agreed as i continued to tidy around my room.

after a few minutes of cleaning, i turned around because i felt like will was staring at me. "what is it?" i asked him. he quickly looked down at his comic, and pretended like he was not staring. i would have continued asking him why he was staring, but i didn't want to push it. i slightly sighed and picked up my backpack i had yet to unpack yet. i unzipped the backpack, and poured everything out onto the ground, and put some of the stuff away. i grabbed all the clothes, and walked over to my closet and put away all the clothes, untill i noticed one hoodie i left on the ground. i slightly smiled as i realized it was max's hoodie. i picked it up, and slid it over my head, and put it on. it was comfy like always, and somehow still smelt like her perfume. i finished putting everything away, and then sat down on my bed beside will. he looked up from his comic, and over at me. "are you wearing max's hoodie again?" he asked me. "yeah? what about it?" i asked him. "nothing- it's just uhm.." he stumbled over his words. i stared at him with a confused expression, and then he sighed and set down his comic.

"el, i know about you and max." will blurted out.

as he said that, my eyes widened and i got really confused and started to panic. "what are you talking about?" i asked trying to act confused. "you don't have to play dumb el," wills told me. "you guys always spend lots of time together, you wear max's clothes, and i uhm.." he continued. "i saw you guys kissing earlier at the pool." he confessed. my heart dropped and i stared at him with wide eyes. "what!? when!?" i asked in a panicked voice. "when you guys were getting ice cream, i saw you guys kiss." he admitted. i started to panic and slighty hyperventilate, but will put his hand on my shoulder. "hey el, it's okay! i support you guys! i was just really shocked at first and that's why i was quiet earlier." he told me. "p-please don't tell my dad.." i mumbled out.

"hey of course not! i won't tell anyone if you guys don't want me too!" he said. i nodded as i could feel my breathing return to a normal pase. he softly smiled as he pulled me into a hug. after a few seconds, we both pulled away from the hug, and will stayed silent. "uhm.. can i also tell you something?" will shyly asked. "yeah of course what's up?" i asked him. "uh-" he mumbled. he stayed silent for a few seconds, and then spoke. "never mind, it's not important.." he said in a shy and shaky tone. "are you sure? you seem really stressed out about something." i told him. he softly smiled and then spoke while avoiding eye contact. "it's fine.." he quietly said.

~

"dog! wolf! coyote?" will asked. "yes! yes it's a coyote!" i told him as i sat down. "okay my turn!" will said as he stood up and grabbed a peice of paper out of a big glass bowl. he unfolded the paper, and looked at it for a second before tossing it on the ground. "okay.." he said as he took a deep breath. he started to walk around in a circle, with both his arms lifted in the air while making weird noises. "zombie? ZOMBIE!" i shouted as i sprang to my feet. "yes it's a zombie!" he answered with a grin on his face. "okay my turn!" i said as i grabbed a peice of paper out of the bowl. will sat back down on my bed waiting for me to act out what was written on the paper, but then the doorbell rang. my heart started to beat faster, as i realized max was finally here. without saying another word i ran out of my room, and downstairs and ran to the front door.
"IM COMMING!" i yelled out as i approached the front door. out of breath i unlocked the door, and threw it open and got greeted with max's face and crystal blue eyes. "hi.." i mumbled as our eyes met. "hey ellie." she said with a smile on her face. "come in, me and will we're just playing charades." i told her as i stepped aside so she could come in. "fun!" she said as she took off her shoes.

will came running downstairs, and a smirk spread across his face once he saw us together and standing so close to one another. "will? el? can you come here?" joyce called from the living room. "yeah be right there mom!" will replied as he looked at me waiting for me to follow him into the living room. "come on!" i said as i grabbed max's hand and followed will into the living room. i let go of her hand reluctantly as all 3 of us walked up to joyce and my dad. joyce looked up at us, and a smile spread across her face. "oh hey max! i didn't know you were here." joyce pointed out. "it's nice to see you again though." joyce told her. "you too." max replied with an also warm smile. she looked over at my dad, and he looked up. "ah, so your the girl my daughter won't stop talking about." he teased. "stop! so uh anyways, max, this is my dad, dad this is max.. my uh.. bestfriend.." i told him.

"uhm anyways," joyce looked over at hopper. "should we wait untill we don't have company?" she asked him. "wait untill what?" will asked. hopper sighed and then spoke. "sit down, and i presume if you want to know our news too you can also sit down max." hopper told her in a joking tone. "uh sure." she agreed as we all sit down on the sofa. joyce and hopper sat down in front of us, and joyce grabbed hoppers hand. "so, el, will, you know how we are daiting right?" joyce asked. "yeah?" will asked in a confused tone. "wait your not breaking up are you?" will asked as panic flashed on his face. "no no no no, nothing like that." hopper told him as will took a breath of relief. "what is it then?" i asked them. "well uh.." hopper stumbled over his words. he looked over at joyce and then smiled as he spoke.

"we're getting married." he announced.