🌬Chapter 9☁

🌬☁

Both of them enjoyed a steaming hotpot. Fort who was charming and humorous kept Peat happy during the entire meal with his excellent communication skills. Just after a meal, there was no hint of any awkwardness between them. Peat looked at Fort who told jokes in front of him. He never felt so fortunate before.

They finished eating at 10 o’clock and went to the parking lot together to go back home. Fort continued the topic about what they were talking about during their meal. And then they suddenly halted when they heard a shriek from the street.

When Peat heard the sound he looked over and saw a girl chasing after a robber while carrying a pair of heels in her hand. She passed by them. Peat looked around and saw that there was only a motorbike there and it was coming over fastly. Fort quickly picked up his phone to report the police and gave them the precise location. When he was about to tell Peat to stand still, he saw that Peat had already chased after the motorbike. He didn’t expect him to react so fast, so he called after him "Peat, pay attention to your safety."

The motorbike was really a part of the robber’s gang. The bike stopped near the robber and waited for a few seconds so that the robber could get into the vehicle fastly. But Peat caught up to them and before they could start the bike he kicked the driver’s hands without any hesitation. As the driver was unprepared, he fell onto the ground along with the bike, and his helmet came untied. Within a few seconds, he reacted and climbed back up. When the robber realized this sudden change of situation, he threw aside the girl’s bag and threw punches at Peat but Peat ducked away fast. The driver was originally trying to stab him while he was busy fighting with the robber but Peat saw this and he kicked him in the pit of his stomach. The unprepared driver once again fell on the ground and couldn’t stand up. The robber saw this and he tried to choke Peat from behind but Peat’s shoulder throw smashed him to the ground.

He took less than ten minutes to take care of the two robbers. Peat picked up the bag from the ground and handed it to the girl who had been hiding on the side. The girl hurriedly thanked him. Peat shook his head and didn’t say anything. When he turned around, he was startled.

Fort who was standing behind him clapped his hands, "Boss Peat is so awesome."

Peat’s face reddened like a big red apple. He turned around while lowering his head as he didn’t want to face Fort. He wanted to say something but still, he couldn’t get himself to say it. 

The police arrived at the scene and took a few witnesses along with them. It was almost 12 o’clock when all the procedures were finished. Fort looked at the time and gave up on driving back. Just after a few steps forward he found Peat limping a little behind him.

He quickly supported him and asked, "What happened? Does it hurt somewhere?"

Peat promptly waved his hands, "N-no, it doesn’t."

"Then what happened to your legs?" he asked while he helped Peat to sit on a street-side bench.

Peat saw him squatting in front of him and hurriedly stood up, but Fort did not allow him to do so. He lifted Peat’s left foot and took off his shoes. Peat’s whole body became stiff and he didn’t know what to do next.

Fort took off his socks and his eyebrows wrinkled when he saw his ankle, "Your ankle has swollen. Let’s go to the hospital. Okay?"

Peat murmured, "It’s fine."

"How did it swell like this?"

Peat was a little embarrassed as he said, "I kicked the helmet."

He looked up at him and smiled, "Little idiot, why did you kick a hard object with your legs?"

He placed the socks inside Peat’s shoes and then carried them in one hand. He then turned around making Peat face his back and said, "I’ll carry you and then we can take a taxi from the intersection to directly go to the hospital."

Peat was so startled that he couldn’t move. When Fort saw that he was not moving, he directly pulled his arm to put the person on his back. Peat was lying on his broad back and didn’t even know where to put his arms. After a while, he suddenly heard the person carrying him laugh and say, "Do you know how cool you just were? Even this handsome Director Fort greatly admires you."

TBC